1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bulding prelude

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by K2e2vin, Jun 1, 2004.

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

hey guys, i might get a prelude this week('96) for 500. i want to know what can be done/what parts should i use to get most performance out of the motor? i dont know much about the prelude motors except that you cant run other pistons without resleeving it, so thats out of the question. im looking for around 180whp na. so far the parts i might use are dc sports header, magnaflow muffler, homemade cai w/ aem filter, full engine balance, PnP, and bosch plugs.

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

oh yeah it needs a new clutch, which brand is good and what torque rating should i get? thx

3. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

good price. What model is it? Specs please.

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

i dont know exactly what has been done to the car, but im told it already has some parts in it(probally just exhaust and intake filter), and a body kit :) ; my cousin is going to look at it for me this sat. or sunday(its in another town). all i know is its not a sh.

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Which engine? F22, H23, or H22?

It's a common misconception that you can't run new pistons in an H22 without resleeving. In fact, the truth is that you can't go more than a standard overbore (.025") without resleeving. Therefore, you can get some .025-overbore Type-S pistons, and use them in an H22 without resleeving. However, if you want to run aftermarket forged pistons with a larger-than-standard overbore, you do need to resleeve.

6. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Also, '96 is 4th gen, not 5th gen. No SH's were made until '97.

7. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

i think you should forget about the full engine balance. and buy parts that make power instead of using homemade pieces and DC sports stuff

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted