Burning all sorts of crap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
Its an untuned D16A6/D16Z6 Mini-Me with a D16Y8 intake manifold.

First I get burning oil in the high RPMs, over about 4000. Could that be valve seals?

Second I'm getting a white smoke with a bit of liquid constantly. I recently cleaned the block and I think I got water down the dipstick tube. I changed the oil but the old oil didn't show any water in there.

Or could the white smoke and liquid be running rich or lean because its untuned?

I can take pictures of my spark plugs, or of anything really. I can also make a video if that helps.

The plugs.

The first three look the same in real life (a bit tanned or bronze) and the last one is a bit more black.

100_3202.jpg

My guess is that the rings are shot. did you replace them when you built it? Your best bet is to compression and leakdown test it then go from there.

Compression test shows 210 PSI in each cylinder. I have a picture of the test on the last page of my build.

I think the oil is coming from the valve seals and the white smoke is from being untuned.

i would say its valve seals becuz my y-8 did that last year but to be sure check spark plug sockets to see if there is any oil accumilating there if so its you r seals,if this is helpfull rep me up plzzz.. and i think the smoke would be a mixture of oil and fuel out of the cylinder if im correct...

Last edited:
Back