Burning Oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

markie

i have a del sol that has the d15by7 engine in it and when i take it up to hig revs it smokes out the back could this be a bad gasket soem were or what could this be also the oil is low so i kno that it is burning oil.

Well, the D15B7 is a piece of crap, mine used to shoot out some smoke when I went to 5500-6000 rpm's. If you had a bad head gasket, you would know : the car would shake like it had Parkinson's Disease, the temp would be through the roof, and white smoke would poor out of the exhaust.

you probably have to keep adding oil because your piston rings are fryed like chicken. if you plan on keeping the motor you should rip the head off and change them. oh, i also have a dx motor in storage that was not burning oil when i last drove it. if you want to save yourself some coin and some time you could buy my bottom end for next to nothing and have your problem fixed. also if your interested the head on that motor was just sent out to be milled and pressure tested so the compression is up a little and it has a new head gasket, intake gasket, and exhaust gasket. i put 6000 km,s on the motor before i did my own frankenstein swap, so shes still fresh...

Back