Burning oil?!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea men it ken be your vtec solenoid ma friend ma frind has a b18 block with a b16 head and it dose that evry single time it hits the vtec and ma other frind has a d16 and it dos the same thing wen the vtec hits and its normal on all vtec engines cus the gasket worns out

Translation:

Yeah man, it could be be your vtec solenoid. My friend has a b18 block with a b16 head, and it does that every single time it hits vtec. My other friend has a d16 and it does the same thing. It's normal on all vtec engines because the gasket is worn out.

My god in heaven.

Well i replaced the gasket between the head and the vtec system and still get a little smoke but it seemed to help it. And the gasket was only like $20 straight from honda so it was an easy cheap fix. Thanks

I was told by the Honda techs once that all hondas burn a bit of oil, especially the vtec and/or B engines. All engines burn a little its normal. I had a friend get in my car and then he started revving a bit, he bounced the rev limiter (which bounced to 8500-8600) and it puffed out a nice cloud. I never hit the rev limiter cause there is no need to, he never got back in my car again.

I only burn a bit of oil in the 7-8k range, but not noticeable.

my s2000 doesnt burn oil and it sees 8000+ quite often. all engines burn oil after time cause the clearances are jacked, but you shouldnt see noticeable smoke from your exhause.

Guess it could be carbon and unburnt fuel, mine has all three sometimes.^_^

I'm sure everyones seen this video, but take a closer look, we know that motors built, notice every time past the 1/8th mile or so mark ... Smoke...Still from tires all the way to the 1/4th mile make (Racing yellow nova especially) I'm willing to place money when the vtec kicks in and pushes the valves that much harder, combined with the suction going on there, Its the valve seals.. You shoulda had he head reworked while it was out.. or coulda pulled the whole valve train out cleaned all the valves up your self an cleaned the head up to the best of your ability go over every seating surface with your finger to feel for any little peices of carbon you missed.. then put new stems/seals in, Check all the valves for any slight warpage and put it back in.. another thing maybe the springs are loosing they're tension also, if so that could cause a slight smoke from running to rich at high rpm's because the springs arent quite catching up with the cams.. just food for thought..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0EPwZIGag

Also when you do the compression test make sure your watching how many rotations it takes to build they're compression.. should be topped out 3-5 rotations .. Pull all the plugs before you do it also.. I know rings can leake and blow smoke, I'm still leaning more to the valve seals though. Its sealed enough so over night nothing seeps through.. but once that vtec opens its definatly enough, on a weak seal to pull that oil.. Pistons Compress and it would push the oil down, unless the rings were totally bout to go out.. but if the walls look good like you say they're probally fine.. I definatly think its the valve seals bro.. My opinion

Last edited:
Back