bush proposes something good for once

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
i can't come up with one bitter remark about bush's propsed spending plan. frankly, i think its on-target. i'm imperssed to say the least.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/02/07/...t.ap/index.html

ok, so im kidding...

it starts off good....

Of 23 major government agencies, 12 would see their budget authority reduced next year, including cuts of 9.6 percent at Agriculture, 5.6 percent at the Environmental Protection Agency, 6.7 percent at Transportation and 11.5 percent at Housing and Urban Development.

word.

I'll gladly pay $0.50 more for a head of lettuce.
the EPA does nothing but take our money and stop people from building a swamp land. whoopdie doo.
6.7% for transportation-- that works out to about 1 less major interstate highway that won't get re-paved this year. big deal. the rest of the roads are freakin garbage anyway.
11.5% for housing.

fuck, elimiate that all together. build your own house. no one is helping me buy a house. fuck you- get a job, or live in a tent. if you can't make 400/month to pay for an apartment somewhere, you have some serious issues. you can easily make twice that working just 40 hours a week at mcdonalds.
grab a roomate, and its just 200 a month.

and then, all the kids have $100 starter jackets. F that shit. i had a $20 k-mart coat when i was in grammer school.

Aside from defense and homeland security, favored Bush programs included a new $1.5 billion high school performance program, expanded Pell Grants for low-income college students and more support for community health clinics.

ok, here we go. give the smart kids who can't afford college the chance to go. i'm all for that. wait, no i'm not. No one helped me.
What's the difference between ME taking out a college loan, and paying it when im done with school and have a good job, vs some low-income kid taking out a school loan, getting a job afterwards, and paying it off just the same? its retarded.

and here we go again, with quote of the week from bush:

"It's budget that sets priorities," Bush said after a meeting with his Cabinet. "It's a budget that reduces and eliminates redundancy. It's a budget that's a lean budget."

does that even make any sense??

:asshat:

About one-third of the programs subject to elimination are in the Education Department, including federal grant programs for local schools in such areas as vocational education, anti-drug efforts and Even Start, a $225 million literacy program

good. if your kid can't freakin read- call 1-800 ABCDEFG and order hooked on phonics for your kid for $29.99. 225 million? that's just absurd. burn that program to the ground.
dare? yeah- that shit really doesn't work. you get some roid-ed up cop telling you drugs are bad and a gay t-shirt. i took dare. i smoke weed from time to time. whoopdie doo. it just doesn't work. if the kid is not smart enough to know better, then let him get all fucked up and OD. one less person for SS in 20 years.

BUDGET HIGHLIGHTS
Receipts: $2.178 trillion.
Outlays: $2.568 trillion.
Deficit: $390 billion.
Discretionary outlays: $922 billion.
Mandatory outlays: $1.41 trillion.
Interest payments: $211 billion]/quote]

damn, i want to be the US's bank loaner. 211 billion in INTEREST? damn. re-finance that shit y0

exactly. some of the people that need help most can't get it. like me, who never graduated high school, didn't go to college. now, thanks to a government program, i can get taught in a trade and not have to pay for it. it's hard enough to pay bills, take care of kids, and keep the house we live in. of course, it's more expensive here in the bay area... but still.

realizing that the median income doesn't match how much the average cost of living here... lots of people are in trouble.

on another note: that literacy program includes (and i thought was more geared for) adults.

you have to decide how bad you want something... sometimes the choices we make in life make us work harder later. but if someone wants to better themselves... they should get another job, or whatever they have to... to be able to succeed.

I'm all for helping people who need the help. What I'm not down for is going a bagillion dollars into debt for no reason. Funny other presidents seemed to be able to run the country acceptably without exponentially increasing debt. I personally think Bush's administration doesn't give a shit, because it's not going to be their problem to pay off. They will be long out of office by then. Whoever runs in the term or 2 in the future is going to have to completely restructure the budget to figure out how to pay it off within a reasonable amount of time. Wait till the cuts come around to support that.

well, of course. but no matter what, there's always gonna be wasted money... i'm just not in the mood for this. lol

Even better news that comes out of the Bush Administration today

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/n...ics_cheney_dc_6

Cheney Won't Run for President, Not Even if Begged

Sun Feb 6, 2:38 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites) on Sunday categorically ruled out a run for the White House in 2008, even if asked by the Republican president who recruited him back into government.

I will say just as hard as I possibly know how to say ... 'If nominated, I will not run,' 'If elected, I will not serve,' or not only no, but 'Hell no,"' Cheney told "Fox News Sunday," making clear he intends to retire from politics at the end of his current term.

"... I've got my plans laid out. I'm going to serve this president for the next four years, and then I'm out of here."

The 64-year-old Cheney came back from the lucrative life of a corporate chief to be President Bush (news - web sites)'s running mate despite a history of heart trouble, including a fourth heart attack shortly after the contested presidential election in November 2000.

But he said even Bush could not persuade him to change the decision he made 10 years ago not to seek the presidency.

"I didn't want to do those things I'd have to do," Cheney said, adding that it had made his current job much easier to be freed from personal political ambition.

"I think primarily that's because I'm not worried about what the precinct committeemen in Ottumwa, Iowa, are going to think about me in January of '08," he said of one of the states where the U.S. presidential process gets underway.

And he noted that by 2009 he would be 68.

"I've still got a lot of rivers I'd like to fish and time I'd like to spend with my grandkids, and so this is my last tour. I don't plan to run for anything," Cheney said.

He began as President Gerald Ford's White House chief of staff in the mid-1970s and served 10 years as Wyoming's only congressman before becoming secretary of defense under Bush's father, former President Bush.

After many years of friendship with the Bush family, the younger Bush tapped the unfailingly loyal and discreet Cheney to head his vice presidential search, then decided Cheney was the best candidate.

Two years after leaving the government in 1993, Cheney became CEO of Halliburton, a Houston oil field services and engineering and construction company that caused him some heartburn on the 2004 campaign trail.

HAHAHAH

When the article said he came back from "the lucrative life of a corporate chief", I thought they wrote "corporate thief" :lmao:

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 7 2005, 08:12 PM
exactly. some of the people that need help most can't get it. like me, who never graduated high school, didn't go to college. now, thanks to a government program, i can get taught in a trade and not have to pay for it. it's hard enough to pay bills, take care of kids, and keep the house we live in. of course, it's more expensive here in the bay area... but still.

realizing that the median income doesn't match how much the average cost of living here... lots of people are in trouble.

on another note: that literacy program includes (and i thought was more geared for) adults.

you have to decide how bad you want something... sometimes the choices we make in life make us work harder later. but if someone wants to better themselves... they should get another job, or whatever they have to... to be able to succeed.
[post=457640]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: Some of those programs are good. I am not really from a low income family, but my momm cant pay for my college, and i have to work my ass off while doing school, so i can pay the rent here in San Diego. If it weren't for the little bit of help i get from financial aid then i might have already quit school, or had to move somewhere else.

but yeah bush is an asshat, and most of that other shit doesnt make sense.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 7 2005, 05:16 PM

About one-third of the programs subject to elimination are in the Education Department, including federal grant programs for local schools in such areas as vocational education, anti-drug efforts and Even Start, a $225 million literacy program

good. if your kid can't freakin read- call 1-800 ABCDEFG and order hooked on phonics for your kid for $29.99. 225 million? that's just absurd. burn that program to the ground.
[post=457558]Quoted post[/post]​

This is a good budget. Throwing money at illiterate people doesnt help anything. If you want ur kid to read, learn how to read urself.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 7 2005, 04:16 PM
What's the difference between ME taking out a college loan, and paying it when im done with school and have a good job, vs some low-income kid taking out a school loan, getting a job afterwards, and paying it off just the same?

Because no sane bank would give the low-income kid a loan. His/her credit is probably screwed to hell, there's no income coming from the student at the moment, and there's no co-signer that qualifies. In the banks eyes, the kid's probably just gonna drop out and become a crack addict, why should they risk the loan on the slim chance that the kid will make it through?

While this plan isn't perfect, these are the types of programs that a government should be doing. Granted they shouldn't be giving them out like candy, the kid needs to honestly intelligent, not just someone who can answer a bubble test correctly. Improve the testing and qualification requirements for such a plan, and you've got a real winner.

re-finance that shit y0

werd
and stop buying 400 dollar toilet seats

i had a $20 k-mart coat when i was in grammer school.

i think if more americans had their f'in priorities straight they would be able to get above the poverty line
i love seeing people at the check out line in the grocery store wearing sneakers better than mine, a coat nicer than mine, and paying with gov't food stamps, and then they go get into their benz in the parking lot while i drive my shitty winter beater truck... wtf mate?

that literacy program includes (and i thought was more geared for) adults.

bahahahahhahaa

cooter

Because no sane bank would give the low-income kid a loan. His/her credit is probably screwed to hell, there's no income coming from the student at the moment, and there's no co-signer that qualifies. In the banks eyes, the kid's probably just gonna drop out and become a crack addict, why should they risk the loan on the slim chance that the kid will make it through?

if the kid worked hard during high school and got good grades and showed he had drive and dedication i doubt "the man" is gonna try and hold him down...
and if someone just out of high school has fucked up credit then they are a fucking retard and should be shot before they become a full fledged drain on our society... kids should not have loans or brand new cars, payments = fucked for x years... if you;re 18 and get a brand new car then you will get what you deserve, drive a beat to 1980 toyota tercel and save your fucking money for school or food, not a new car and ph@t kicks y0

Bush:
Aside from defense and homeland security, favored Bush programs included a new $1.5 billion high school performance program, expanded Pell Grants for low-income college students and more support for community health clinics.

$1.5 Billion high school performance program? Dude, i'm sorry, our school district has lost a lot of money, i.e. with 260 Million dollars that were taken off last this school year. Last school year was $240 Million. That together, is how much? $500,000 Million bucks... So divide $1.5 into $500,000= 300 school districts... I'm pretty sure that there is way more than 300 school districts, with each school district having way more than 20 high schools... It doesn't make sense, to offer such a little amount of money to education, i.e. late high school education. The foundation of education is elementary school, however, No Child Left Behind is an insult to education. Millions of kids are being left behind i.e. in inner-urban areas as where I work... I'm sure the few benefiting are the rich kids in Palos Verdes, Beverly Hills, and Belaire. Our school isn't even on the 50th percentile, we're more like, uhm... probably 30 or less? So yes, whatever you learn in your primary years, will make you succeed in years to come...

Bush: Bush's budget proposal does not reflect the costs for overhauling Social Security by allowing younger workers to set up private investment accounts.

WTF, people can't take care of their Bank Account Balance, or even worse, they haven't even heard of what a certified deposit is... How the hell can you intrust people with having a private investment account!!! What Bush is doing here, is privatizing and pretty soon disappear S.S. <~~~ not super sport...
He is trying to take the United States back into the 1920's when people would "HAVE" to save money for their elder years. Why is this bad? Like I have stated, people can't take care of their money as teenagers, young adults, and adults, they have 1. maxed out credit cards, 2. low checking/saving accounts, 3. Bankruptcy, 4. NO $ knowledge...

yep, if you are in your 20's right now, be prepared to dish out at least; $1000.00 per month= $12,000 per year X 30 yrs= (you're in your 50's now) 360,000.00
Do you really think you can put that amount of money into an account? So that after you retire, you can be live off of $360,000? Food for though... sorry for the math guys LOL

BUSH SUCKS!!!
Nacho

Originally posted by reckedracing+Feb 8 2005, 08:21 AM-->

if the kid worked hard during high school and got good grades and showed he had drive and dedication i doubt "the man" is gonna try and hold him down...
and if someone just out of high school has fucked up credit then they are a fucking retard and should be shot before they become a full fledged drain on our society... kids should not have loans or brand new cars, payments = fucked for x years... if you;re 18 and get a brand new car then you will get what you deserve, drive a beat to 1980 toyota tercel and save your fucking money for school or food, not a new car and ph@t kicks y0
[post=457989]Quoted post[/post]​

I could not agree more.

One Stop Customs
@Feb 8 2005, 09:26 AM
Bush: Bush's budget proposal does not reflect the costs for overhauling Social Security by allowing younger workers to set up private investment accounts.

WTF, people can't take care of their Bank Account Balance, or even worse, they haven't even heard of what a certified deposit is... How the hell can you intrust people with having a private investment account!!! What Bush is doing here, is privatizing and pretty soon disappear S.S. <~~~ not super sport...
He is trying to take the United States back into the 1920's when people would "HAVE" to save money for their elder years. Why is this bad? Like I have stated, people can't take care of their money as teenagers, young adults, and adults, they have 1. maxed out credit cards, 2. low checking/saving accounts, 3. Bankruptcy, 4. NO $ knowledge...

yep, if you are in your 20's right now, be prepared to dish out at least; $1000.00 per month= $12,000 per year X 30 yrs= (you're in your 50's now) 360,000.00
Do you really think you can put that amount of money into an account? So that after you retire, you can be live off of $360,000? Food for though... sorry for the math guys LOL

BUSH SUCKS!!!
Nacho
[post=458015]Quoted post[/post]​

Someone please show me the sign that says, " America dont work hard or take care of your money, the goverment will take care of you."

If taking care of your money on a day to day baisis is to much for some people then, maybe i give people to much credit. If people stopped living above there means and took some self-responsibility, the country would be in much better shape. But I digress, Most Americains have the; I need that new car, new game system, Designer pair of $170 jeans attitude.

Not saying im perfect by any strech, but i make pretty good money. I could afford a brand new car, have the designer clothes, but i dont. Want to know why, i save part of my money every month its not that hard. Its called planning. Everyone can do it, it doesent matter how much you make just put a bit aside and go without something thats not life or death and you will get ahead of the game.

Sorry for the rant.

I totally agree. If most of America didn't live well above their means and enjoy debt so much, maybe I would have enough faith to trust people with the fiscal future of the nation.

Someone please show me the sign that says, " America dont work hard or take care of your money, the goverment will take care of you."

If taking care of your money on a day to day baisis is to much for some people then, maybe i give people to much credit. If people stopped living above there means and took some self-responsibility, the country would be in much better shape. But I digress, Most Americains have the; I need that new car, new game system, Designer pair of $170 jeans attitude.

Not saying im perfect by any strech, but i make pretty good money. I could afford a brand new car, have the designer clothes, but i dont. Want to know why, i save part of my money every month its not that hard. Its called planning. Everyone can do it, it doesent matter how much you make just put a bit aside and go without something thats not life or death and you will get ahead of the game.

Sorry for the rant.

agree 100%, but I like thinking of people who don't have the enough brains to take care of themselves also... See, I have a good job also, doesn't pay a lot but I get more money through my business, so that's why i continue working with kids... I make a decent living, travel 6 times a year, spend a month in mexico, and still have money in the bank... thats bc I know how to budget my money... But then, the problem is, those who don't know how to take care of the money will sooner or later be part of our problem, the ones who do know how to take care of their $

Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Feb 8 2005, 10:31 AM

Sorry for the rant.

agree 100%, but I like thinking of people who don't have the enough brains to take care of themselves also... See, I have a good job also, doesn't pay a lot but I get more money through my business, so that's why i continue working with kids... I make a decent living, travel 6 times a year, spend a month in mexico, and still have money in the bank... thats bc I know how to budget my money... But then, the problem is, those who don't know how to take care of the money will sooner or later be part of our problem, the ones who do know how to take care of their $
[post=458047]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree but if we stay on the system we are on nothing is ever going to change. Maybe knowing that the only person who is going to take care of them will be themself might be the kick in the pants some people need. Im not saying its a perfect answer to the problem but i think its better then if we do nothing and stay on the path we are on.

Edit: And on a side note, i know there wil be people who still screw up and be left with nothing at the end. But its a harsh world out there, and i think that seeing those people who dont save and budget right, seeing where those people end up may be what the rest of the people on the line about saving there money need ot see.

Originally posted by brc80+Feb 8 2005, 11:35 AM-->
One Stop Customs
@Feb 8 2005, 10:31 AM

Sorry for the rant.

California has the biggest homeless population bro... Go to Denver Colorado and their downtown is beautiful... Go to Miami and their downtown is beautiful... Go to Eugene Oregon, their downtown is Beautiful... shit, even Phoenix AZ and St. Louis downtowns are beautiful... Our downtown in L.A??? A LOT of homeless people, one to many... Not all are druggies, a lot of them were sent from other states during the reagon era after health care was drastically cut and they had to close down mental hospitals... So really, do we need downtown L.A. to have an even greater homeless population?

I dunno... I just think a lot LOL

[post=458047]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree but if we stay on the system we are on nothing is ever going to change. Maybe knowing that the only person who is going to take care of them will be themself might be the kick in the pants some people need. Im not saying its a perfect answer to the problem but i think its better then if we do nothing and stay on the path we are on.

Edit: And on a side note, i know there wil be people who still screw up and be left with nothing at the end. But its a harsh world out there, and i think that seeing those people who dont save and budget right, seeing where those people end up may be what the rest of the people on the line about saving there money need ot see.
[post=458050]Quoted post[/post]​

But then, the problem is, those who don't know how to take care of the money will sooner or later be part of our problem, the ones who do know how to take care of their $

bullets are 5 cents, prob cheaper if you buy in mass...
take care of yourself or no one will.... i think people would get the hint pretty f'in fast...

and whoever is touting SS... its a fucking joke now, show me one person alive today living on ONLY SS, and i will show you one unhappy individual sitting at home all day eating cat food and ramen noodles...

SS never was meant to be your sole savior, and it won't be... you need ot have additional savings... and all those people maxing credit cards and having no idea what $$$ is all about... ooh well, retards are born everyday, and i should care why? i could have gone out and maxed credit cards and gotten in debt up to my eye balls, but i have some sense of financial responsibilities and worrying more about the future than having something NOW and paying for it later...
the only debt i ever EVER want to hold is a mortgage, and that only because the housing market is too fucking high for me to outright buy a house...

do some research, compare investing 2000 per year from the age of 20 to 30, to investing 2000 per year from 50 to 60...
i think you'd be SHOCKED at how much better off you are to invest in your future early, then live it up knowing you'll be taken care of...

and to anyone here that maxed out their CC's and loans and then went to bankrupcy for relief from their mistakes, I FUCKING HATE YOU, go hang yourself, you leave the rest of society to pick up your tab... you are a waste of life

the millionare next door should be manadatory reading material, if you haven't read it, please do, its only like 50 pages or something

bankruptcy should not be an option.

if you can't pay back the mafia, they shoot you.

if you can't pay your bills, i don't think you should get shot, but i think that you should not be allowed such service for 5 years.

Originally posted by "goodfellas"
ahh, you're mom got run over, FUCK YOU, PAY ME

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 8 2005, 12:09 PM
the only debt i ever EVER want to hold is a mortgage, and that only because the housing market is too fucking high for me to outright buy a house...

and to anyone here that maxed out their CC's and loans and then went to bankrupcy for relief from their mistakes, I FUCKING HATE YOU, go hang yourself, you leave the rest of society to pick up your tab... you are a waste of life

the millionare next door should be manadatory reading material, if you haven't read it, please do, its only like 50 pages or something
[post=458075]Quoted post[/post]​

very true... assholes that go into bankruptcy mess up the interest rates bc then we pay for their mistake... blah... I have to spend a few bucks on buying my CNC machine... no new car for me... just a used one LOL

Back