Bush to Feast on Japanese Beef at Tokyo Dinner

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

Well my first instinct was to post this over in NE, as last New Years Eve, Airjockie and his wife treated several of us to a wonderful dinner of real JDM beef on the grill. Japanese beef is the BEST. Great flavor and incredibly tender. Expensive too. But this is also a non-car topic. So here goes...

Bush to Feast on Japanese Beef at Tokyo Dinner
Oct 16, 10:06 am ET

TOKYO (Reuters) - Hold the sushi.

President Bush is likely to feast on prime Japanese beef when he is in Tokyo on Friday for a brief visit.

Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi -- who munched hamburgers when he visited Bush's Texas ranch in May -- said the menu for dinner with his close ally would feature "wagyu," a high grade of Japanese beef, domestic media said on Thursday.

"I want to treat him to Japanese beef," Koizumi was quoted as saying by the Nihon Keizai Shimbun newspaper, which said Bush had requested meat for the meal.

The beef is likely to be grilled on a hot plate, a style of cooking known as "teppanyaki" that often features fancy flourishes of cooking utensils by the chef, the newspaper said.

Japan's best marbled Kobe or Matsuzaka beef, from pampered cows which are said to imbibe beer and receive massages to improve the meat, is fabulously expensive.

Beef has been a touchy subject between the two nations in the past, the source of occasional fierce trade rows centered on imports of U.S. meat.

In 1987, in the middle of one such spat, then agriculture minister Tsutomu Hata said Japanese intestines were different to those of foreigners and foreign beef was not suited to Japanese stomachs.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Oct 16 2003, 08:34 AM
i just hope he doesnt get sick like his pops did a few years back...

Dangit I was going to say that. :)

Korean beef is great too. There's a Korean buffet restaurant near the Capitol Expo Center, Dulles Airport area of VA that is the bomb. Bbq grills at each table. A nice selection of marinated meats to grill tableside and there's also sushi available. Mmmm.

JDM & KDM beef >>>>>>>> USDM beef!!!!
And we served their Japanese Prime Minister hamburgers... I hope that they were made with at least Black Angus beef. :(

Bush's dad had a virus, a flu I remember. I see that he son requested "meat" for his meal. Wussy. And should he even be travelling abroad in these wartime conditions? Don't leave us with Cheney in charge... please! :ph34r:

I wonder if they are gonna have the smiling Japanese chef who twirls his utensils around and fires little pieces of shrimp at the president. I can see home boy getting tackled by secret service when he takes out his knife to twirl it inches from Bush....... :D

I love all beef, it all comes from a fuckin' cow, and it is how you cook it. There is only one beef I won't eat, I don't remember the name, if I hear it I know it, but if they use calfs for meat, I won't eat them, that is just wrong.

veal is the shit.

i also like clams. and squid....mmmmmmmmm

pismo beach clams are the shit !!!
calimari is my fav. dish.

Veal, yup that is it. Tony you like some nasty food, but then again, people think tha I am weird because I like chips and ketchup.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 16 2003, 04:56 PM
Didnt bush almost choke on a carrot ounce!?!?!?!

:wtf:

:ufucktard:

I think that 87 hatchy meant to say "Didn't Bush almost choke on a carrot once!?!?!?!" :roll:

I don't remember him doing that, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. :D

If you choke, it makes you a dumbass? I wouldn't be surprised if you chocked on a carrot either, it can happen to anybody. And as civicious said, it was a pretzel.

yeah, pretzel it was.

and i dont konw if the part about him being a dumbass for choking was being directed towards me or not...

i wasn't saying he was a dumbass cuz of it.

i was just saying dont give him any pretzels...he's been known to choke on them.

I love beef, and japanese beef is like 10x as good.

My favorite USDM choice beef cut would probably be filet mignon or flank steak, but I'm with tony, Calimari is the best!

Back