Bush to veto Stem Cell funding.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I love how every time something like this comes up, someone has to say something along the lines of "those stupid christians, blah blah blah". I am a Christian. I don't really take offense when people say this, because I am somewhat used to that type of naivety. I see it in Christians as well though. I will admit that I don't follow up on stem cell research, and I don't have a fully educated opinion on it. From the description of stem cell research above, if that is what scientists are using, I say go ahead with it, I have billions of sperm, and there are plenty of eggs out there that will just pass into the toilet anyway. I do believe abortion is wrong, but I don't regard using unclaimed fertilized eggs for research as abortion, or wrong, if that is what they are doing. The moral situation of abortion comes with a womans decision to kill a developing embryo inside her, imo. It's not in just the actions, but the reasoning behind it. Masses of ferilized eggs being disposed of at the local fertility clinics is just a waste. This opinion is coming from a very Christian person.

Last edited:
MikeBergy said:
I love how every time something like this comes up, someone has to say something along the lines of "those stupid christians, blah blah blah". I am a Christian. I don't really take offense when people say this, because I am somewhat used to that type of naivety. I see it in Christians as well though. I will admit that I don't follow up on stem cell research, and I don't have a fully educated opinion on it. From the description of stem cell research above, if that is what scientists are using, I say go ahead with it, I have billions of sperm, and there are plenty of eggs out there that will just pass into the toilet anyway. I do believe abortion is wrong, but I don't regard using unclaimed fertilized eggs for research as abortion, or wrong, if that is what they are doing. The moral situation of abortion comes with a womans decision to kill a developing embryo inside her, imo. It's not in just the actions, but the reasoning behind it. Masses of ferilized eggs being disposed of at the local fertility clinics is just a waste. This opinion is coming from a very Christian person.

Don't take any offense to what those, especially on this specific board, have to say regarding religion.

You're "preaching to the choir" when you try to explain religion on this board, because there's so many atheisists. Its the same thing as being a conservative on this board.

Its as if you're in bizzaro-world. In other walks of life everyone understands your opinion, motivation, and general outlook and then you come on this board and are completely confused by how a person could look down upon you for your outlook thats valued by many others.

Back