Bushings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Qwikcivic

My 93 civic hatch needs new bushings. It's sqeaking like crazy not to mention the body has 180k. My question is should I replace the old bushings with factory Honda bushings or use the red eurthane ones? I forgot who make them.

Prothane or energy suspension. dont go back to factory if you plan on keeping the car and moding it. and go with the energy suspension

energy suspension. the master kit was like 115 + shipping.

only cons was the kit is totally seperated, and you have to play mix n match with the bushing numbers. helps to seperate the little instruction pages into bags with the bushings that they specify on them. youll end up with 7 or 8 bags.

to get the old bushes out on the control arms (pretty much all the rubber) either press them out with a hydro press or melt them out with a torch. the easiest way i found to get the metal sleeve that holds the bushing in was using a hacksaw. cut through the sleeve, then tap it a few times with a hammer and chisel it should fall right out.

if you recently replaced your suspension, then removal of the lca's is going to be easy. if not, then power tools will help your ass out.

EDIT: make sure you get the black ones, the red ones squeak like a bitch due to the lack of graphite.

Back