Busting ass....I can almost see some light....mini rant....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sikorsky - Home

also dont forget that I get 3 weeks pay for vacation and sick time, COLA, signing bonus every 4 years, matched 401K up to 25%, and free college if I decide to go back to school.

Too bad there's nothin in TX?

I think I'm gonna go to school, this GED thing just isn't cutting it anymore not even for a halfway decent job out here.

I'll head over to the Aururia Campus and see what they have available. I know if I decide to go full-time, my Dad will pay my rent. It's not like 5k is much for a Yankee anyway.

Teacher's salary is great until you get a family.

Um why is that? By the time I have a family I will be making 48-52,000 a year and I will have summers off (no day-care)and full medical, dental, vision insurance. Along with what my soon to be wife will be making I don't see any trouble raising a kid or two in wisconsin.

Wisconsin may change everything. I got caught thinking in Connecticut terms. I make $56k and I support myself to within too close of a shave for comfort.

Yeah we don't do so bad here. The next big hurtle is getting the wifey through grad school so that she can make more than 10.78 an hour as a Special Ed assistant. Then we can go looking for a house. Around here you can get a decent sized house (2200-2500 sq ft) for around 210,000. Plus I can always have a second career during the summer. I work with a ton of teachers that sell homes during the summer. I have even thought about getting an appraisers lisence.

you can still get a good condo for 150-175. 210-250 condos are way exhorbant, and you should just get a house at that price level anyway.

As you posted that, I got my mortgage papers. I had to have a cigarette / smelling salts.

Context pwns j00.

A house, dingaling. Not getting people excited or talking about it too much because anything can still happen at this point. Until the day of closing, I'm not holding my breath.

I am, however, still hyperventilating.

I know an insurance salesman up in Mass who is quite good at what he does, he gets the money but he also works the hours. like, He works from the moment he awakes to the moment he goes to bed. I know a kid who works in two body shops and he rakes in 80k. As a shop whore. Can't beat that. Again, he works all day, all weekend, into the night and never takes a break.

I know another kid who changes tires at a tire shop and at BJs, he pulls in money to support a Lincoln Navigator, wife, 2 parents and a house. It can be done.

im paying off my government 50 dollars aweek for speeding until i lost my license (42km over in 70kmzone, 6pts $350. 43km over in a 80km zone, 6ts $350 and 17km over in 70km zone,1 pt $100.) being caught with an out of date license $100, then once i lost my license i thought it was fun to still drive $455 and a further nine months suspension. moral of the story its bettter to by stuff you want and not pay court ordered fine, dont speed, dont do speed.

Back