Buy Engines 4rm Ebay...good Or Bad?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c8r9x_si

i just wanted to know if it was a good idea to buy a motor from ebay??? sorry if the question is off topic. because i've seen alot of cheap motors on ebay, but if it is not a good idea then can someone please direct me to a website or place in fresno?? thanks for any help you can offer me.

It can go either way really.Some motors are legit,some are scam.Read auctions carefully and chances are the more info the better.

Personally I wouldn't.

There are a lot of people on ebay who will try to rip you off. Most reputable engine dealers will provide a start up warranty, make sure all of the censors are in working order, and the engine will (in general) have a lot less mileage.

There's no real way to sue someone from ebay either if you get a defective motor, because they can just say that "we didn't say it was all in working order" or some BS like that... plus you're not going to get tech-support like most dealers will give you also.

You will probably get the motor for less, but you get what you pay for.
I would look into private sectors (like these forums perhaps) depending on what you are looking for... and there are a few good websites that sell engines and have positive feedback from thier customers.
Check the reference or swap sections of this site, there's a list of dealers somewhere.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 6 2003, 01:59 PM
It can go either way really.Some motors are legit,some are scam.Read auctions carefully and chances are the more info the better.

I.E.

Don't buy FROM PEOPLE WHO POST THIER STUFF LIKE DIZ!
ITS A COO ENGINE YO! LOW MILEZ AND IT WERKS!

.....you get what you pay for, and i would suggest getting a motor from a REPUTABLE place. an air intake is one thing, a motor is another, and its just too expensive to take a chance, and i know i'll spend the extra 1000 knowing i'm getting a good running motor.

I have purchased several longblocks and complete swaps from www.hmotorsonline.com with really good luck... he is in California so I had shipping expenses but, you are closer and he has great customer relations and quick shipping as well as really low prices. (WOW, sounds an advertisement)

Good Luck

Back