1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy Engines 4rm Ebay...good Or Bad?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by c8r9x_si, Feb 6, 2003.

1. c8r9x_si

c8r9x_si Junior Member

i just wanted to know if it was a good idea to buy a motor from ebay??? sorry if the question is off topic. because i've seen alot of cheap motors on ebay, but if it is not a good idea then can someone please direct me to a website or place in fresno?? thanks for any help you can offer me.

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

It can go either way really.Some motors are legit,some are scam.Read auctions carefully and chances are the more info the better.

3. Hexen

Hexen Senior Member

Personally I wouldn't.

There are a lot of people on ebay who will try to rip you off. Most reputable engine dealers will provide a start up warranty, make sure all of the censors are in working order, and the engine will (in general) have a lot less mileage.

There's no real way to sue someone from ebay either if you get a defective motor, because they can just say that "we didn't say it was all in working order" or some BS like that... plus you're not going to get tech-support like most dealers will give you also.

You will probably get the motor for less, but you get what you pay for.
    I would look into private sectors (like these forums perhaps) depending on what you are looking for... and there are a few good websites that sell engines and have positive feedback from thier customers.
    Check the reference or swap sections of this site, there's a list of dealers somewhere.

4. Hexen

Hexen Senior Member

I.E.

Don't buy FROM PEOPLE WHO POST THIER STUFF LIKE DIZ!
    ITS A COO ENGINE YO! LOW MILEZ AND IT WERKS!

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

yO dawg mad Hp yISo Dis sheit Is hYpe!!!

6. chet

chet Senior Member

.....you get what you pay for, and i would suggest getting a motor from a REPUTABLE place. an air intake is one thing, a motor is another, and its just too expensive to take a chance, and i know i'll spend the extra 1000 knowing i'm getting a good running motor.

7. b20civic

b20civic Member

I have purchased several longblocks and complete swaps from www.hmotorsonline.com with really good luck... he is in California so I had shipping expenses but, you are closer and he has great customer relations and quick shipping as well as really low prices. (WOW, sounds an advertisement)

Good Luck

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted