buy ls and swap gsr or buy gsr and swap gsr?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrfd3s

Hi, I'm gonna buy an Integra soon and I wanted to know if I should buy a high-mileage LS and swap a newer Gsr engine into or buy a high-mileage Gsr and swap a newer Gsr into it. I want to buy the LS because it'll save money on buying the car, but if I swap the Gsr into will it cost more and will I lose some things (eg. abs, power steering) ? Or will it be the same as swapping GSR to Gsr anyways ? Sorry if this sounds confusing. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advanced.

-kevin

ahh what did you just say? from the sounds of it you would be dumb to buy the gsr and swap a gsr in it. buy the ls and swap a newer gsr motor in it since the ls and the gsr are practically the same other than the motor or do the lsvtec route.

yeah, sorry it sounds pretty confusing. Basically I'm trying to ask if there's any reason for me to get the high-mileage GSR Integra and put in a newer GSR engine than getting a high-mileage LS Integra nd putting in a newer GSR engine other than the nicer interior of the GSR. Any benefits of buying a high-mileage gsr car and dropping in a newer gsr engine in it ?

by the way you will not lose any thing both cars have power steering and by the ls its cheaper and you have pretty much the same stuff except vtec and afew other small things

Yea, LS insurance would be cheaper too ;). If you buy a high mileage GSR and swap in a newer engine, keep in mind that the body has gone through all those miles, both exterior and interior. I got a high mileage civic and swaped B20 in, which runs fine, but it's got some major rock chips on the bumper. If you don't care much for show then it shouldn't matter. Also, odometer (legally) much show the miles of the body. Take your pick. :D

i would recommend just buying a gsr with low miles. keep all the vin #'s matching if you are just putting another gsr in it. you will pay 3500 for a gsr motor with 45k on it. pay an extra 1000 and get one with low miles already in the car. you'll come out way on top.

dude buy a high mileage Ls, with the money you're planning to buy the gsr motor for, estimate about 3.5k-4k? with about 2-2.5k get new pistons and rods, 3-5 hun for the vtec head, and the rest for some cams if you have enough, its a waste of money just buying an Ls and swapping in a gsr or buying a gsr and swapping in another gsr, why dont you just buy a Eg or Ek hatch and just swap in a gsr?

Back