buy one of these...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
http://www.shopathometv.com/catalog/search.jsp?N=1100236&Ntk=all&Ntt=2007W+Silver+Eagle&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nf=PRICE|LT+500&intcmp=canned&campaign=06-20-07_2007WSAE&camplink=2007WSilverEagles

thank me next year.

the 06 burnished dies are going for 8x the orig offer price. this year is scheduled to be even fewer coins released.
here's one... and its not even in the first strike pedigree.
eBay: 2006W SILVER EAGLE / BURNISHED DIE / NGC-MS69 (item 320124605258 end time Jul-07-07 16:09:43 PDT)

all the ones on ebay right now are pre-sales, so keep that in mind.

buy as many as you can afford and tahnk me later.

Last edited:
probably not too long... its not like there's 3 of them ever made, but the mint is sold out (in about 20 min this afternoon) and the ones you can get from the mint aren't certified. So, its all dealer market from this point forward. which means, as they sell, they need to re-buy at higher prices.

if you can swing the perfect 70, get the 70. if you can't, get the 69.
i bought one of each.
wish i had more of a budget for it, but i don't right now with the whole buying a house thing :D

i bought this last year for $199.
http://www.shopathometv.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=12022015&N=1100776&categoryId=1815&Ns=TOTAL_SOLD|1&pCategoryId=1808&gpCategoryId=1188

well my grandma is into coins so i sent her an email with the links showing her

if I buy 5 70s....what kind of a reture should I expect....?

Is it easy to unload these things once the price jumps in a year or so?

Seems a little ridiculous someone would pay $1000+ for a coin.

I bought one of each. If no one wants them, im gonna be pissed :) I cant see why not though. My girl's dad has worked for the pos toffice for 25 yrs, and he collected stamps. Sold his whole collection for a regodamndiculous amount of money. So ... heres to my future!

i'm just wondering whats so special about the coins.. the eBay link says the one is burnished.. whats up with the ones you're telling us to buy..

sorry, i was sleeping :D

The West Point minted (W) MINT STATE (not proof) eagles are on a special burnished die, and there aren't many of them made.

you can clearly see that there isn't a whole lot of 69/70's from the 2006W
Coins We Grade

the first strike pedigree is obviously rarer than the general issue.

even still, you're talking about ~50,000 total between the regular issue and the first strike. (ignore the 20th anniversary set, as those are different coins)

and, it's been estimated that there are 140 million coin collectors in the US right now.

50,000 goes into 140,000,000 how many times?

the demand will always be there.

which one should you get? the 70's will always be worth more than the 69's.... but, the 69's may have more demand, and may jump higher % based on initial price cost of the 70.
either way, you won't lose money on this in a year.

a year from now, if you can't sell it higher, i will buy your 69 for 100 bucks.

thats the regular issue Philly minted eagle.

it is not from west point, and its not on a burnished die.

Tell me these sold out already.

I had 4 all set up to buy and only had to click okay but I wanted to make sure I was buying the best ones, and now the page is dead from last night.

70s are sold out....I should have jumped on it when I saw it, but I wanted to also research it a little...so I lost...ohh well...

I'm getting antsy waiting on my confirmation email, it said the order was confirmed and that I'd receive an e-mail but that was 20minutes ago.

Back