Buy some Tritium

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Use the discount code DODTRACKER10

I forgot to do use it.

I'm sorry. something about the whole "its radioactive" and hanging around in my pocket makes me kinda leery about this. which makes me wonder, motorcycle dealers cant sell bikes to children because of the lead in them, but we can sell these? hmm...

I've had a tritium keychain glowing away on my keys for about 7 years now. It was the very first purchase I made on ebay.

this is the same stuff used in night sights for guns and such

its pretty safe in small amounts

hmm.
I wonder what would happen if thousands of people ended up in a crowded area with one of these things on each person, and this is just a make up story. But out of luck some terrorist decides. oh well. what a great crowd to blow up... would the explosion be slightly bigger? because of all these little radioactive keychains?

this is the same stuff used in night sights for guns and such

its pretty safe in small amounts

^-- This.

Different materials, but there's barely much more radioactive material than in a smoke detector. It's basically a millimeter-wide by 1 inch long green fluorescent tube in a plastic casing. Only instead of using electrons to excite the coating, it uses beta particles given off by the tritium. Which wouldn't even penetrate your skin, let alone the thick plastic around the keychain.

Last edited:
And that's a crazy price if that picture in the first link is the same width as mine... It's about 4 times shorter and twice the price.

Mine looks like the green one here:
tritium2.jpg

I wonder how workable those sticks are, make your own night sights by turning it into a paint.

I wonder how workable those sticks are, make your own night sights by turning it into a paint.

They're hollow glass, just like a tiny fluorescent light bulb. Only instead of electricity it runs on the mutant-making-gas.

If you wanted to start an international incident, you could get your hands on a whole lot of tritium and pump it into a full size florescent bulb and get the same result.

Last edited:
I think us talking about it on hondaswap may be cause enough for an international incident. No one mention the G20 summit. Wait shit....

So what happens when you pack a bunch of those little fuckers together with a solar cell? Could be interesting.

Back