BUY your gas on 5/15!!!!! DO IT!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Why?

Because of the following:

1.) No lines at the pump because most morons are protesting.

2.) Not buying gas on 5/15 only means you will need gas later on 5/16, 5/17, or 5/18 . . . and so on & so fouth.

3.) If you don't buy gas it means that somebody else will. Think about it - you dont buy gas, but instead call a taxi to take you somewhere or take a bus - >>>> you have still indirectly caused the same amount of gas to be used up. If you dont buy gas, taxi drivers and bus companies will.

i'll get gas today and i wont need it until next week.. my car stays parked most of the time

And they promptly made 42.5 billion in the few months afterwards. Do you really think stunts like these really scare big oil? Guys who run oil companies can practically bathe in their own money.

supposedly the gas companies lost 2 billion dollars last year because of this..
this statement makes no sense to me
demand is only altered one day, it decreases one day, and increases the day before and the day after

:werd: Although I filled up saturday, I'll be fine till saturday:.

heres the email conversation i had with a friend regarding this stupid ass email

first i got this
Just got this email and it seems like a very good idea
NO GAS...On May 15th 2007
Don't pump gas on MAY 15th
In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of
gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.
On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in
protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most
places.
There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.
If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies
pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May
15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for
at least one day.
If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your
contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

i replied with this
please explain how exactly this would work??
people will simply fill up the day before and the day after
the "loss" on that day would be completely washed out by the larger sales on the surrounding days

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Don't Buy Gas on May 15

i then got this back
You are correct, however, that's most of the people. Consciously, I will not go the day before or the day after. But that's just me.

it was time for a rant
i sent back this
yes but you will still go about your normal life. drive to work, drive to D'nD, drive wherever else you drive on a normal day... you will still use the same amount of gas you would on any other normal day... and so will pretty much everyone else... the gas will be purchased at some point... then it will be used... then it will need to be replaced... and the profits lost for the day or so when gas was not purchased will be compensated for when it is again... this is why companies dont figure their profit/loss on a day to day basis... its generally done either monthly or quarterly...
if people really wanted to make a difference they should actually try using less gas... walk, roller blade, or ride a bicycle (or anything else human powered) for short trips within 5 miles... short trips account for more than half of gasoline consumption... if people would simply user their vehicles a little less then consumption would actually go down. that would cause the demand to go down. and with the lower demand the supply would increase.
the laws of supply and demand dictate that with a higher supply and a lower demand the price must go down

then the only problem is keeping people in the practice of not using their vehicles when it is not necessary. because with the lower prices people would get lazy again and fall back to the same practices they had before causing the price to go right back up to where it is.

of course due to emerging nations like China and India using considerably higher fuel amounts then they use to, all of this is null and void. if we (the US) dont use the fuel and dont buy it, it will simply be sold elsewhere. leaving the supply and demand situation in the same state that is currently is

in short if people want to pay less for gas they need to use less of it
walk more
ride a bike
buy a scooter that gets 100mpg+ for slightly longer trips
use your vehicle only when you absolutely need to
and when the opportunity arises buy a more fuel efficient vehicle

it might not cause the fuel prices to go down... but it will cause YOUR fuel cost to lower significantly

I'm E and I approve this message.

:werd:

Change your lifestyle if you want gas prices to decrease.

who the hell waits in line to get gas.. i sure dont.. i pull up and pump then leave.. never have to wait

well, i don't think gas companies are worried about profits. they've made enough already. i'm sure they can give gas away for the next few years and still be making money.

supposedly the gas companies lost 2 billion dollars last year because of this..
So you're telling me that people didn't drive for 2 billion dollars worth of gas because they bought gas on a different day?

It's like I said before.

Take one big fat fucker and tell him in order to lose weight he has to stop eating for 1 day. If he eats nothing for one day, he will show his fat body whos in charge and some how it will cause him to lose weight even months to come.......

So you're telling me that people didn't drive for 2 billion dollars worth of gas because they bought gas on a different day?

It's like I said before.

Take one big fat fucker and tell him in order to lose weight he has to stop eating for 1 day. If he eats nothing for one day, he will show his fat body whos in charge and some how it will cause him to lose weight even months to come.......
thanks for the tip I could stand to lose some weight for the summer

Unfortunately, I filled up both vehicles two days ago. So I am unable to participate in the screwing up of this world altering event.

ah well.

$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION)

... No.... Not really. Its 708 million dollars short. Does this logic irritate the hell out of everyone here or am I just freaking out? They assume that everyone who uses the internet has a car. And said car will be bone dry, needing a full tank of gas on May 15th. I love the real world number crunching they've done.

if you don't drive a car or motorcycle you could starve your horse today or ride around with the seat off your bicycle.

Back