buyin' my first hatch very soon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gododge87

came across an older one between 88-91 i aint sure what year exactly its a civic hatch back with the d series motor its a brand new motor, its a stick, not sure if its ex/dx/si whatever yet but im just curious what are some questions i should ask the owner? im gonna talk to him tomorrow and need to know what to look for and all? thanks

this may be too late but here are some things that are common.
-open the driver door all the way, if it pops, you'll have some annoyance but don't worry, we solved it with welding but we could have left it.
-check the taillights/headlights for leaks, like fog or water inside.
-if it has a sunroof, look at the cloth on the inside of the roof, if it looks bubbly, it means that there is a major chance that it leaks, also check this if it doesn't have a sunroof.
-do the usual bounce check to see if the struts/shocks are still good
-check the glovebox by opening it, You'll know what I mean if it is broken like mine was.
-The tear in the driver's seat (assuming it has one like every other 88-91 hatch) is normal.
-also, start the car and put you ear to under the car to listen for holes in the exaust.
-other than that, just try using your best judgement.

Back