Buying A B18c Type R Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EG8Demon

20"s ON MY HONDA
Does anyone know of a good place to buy a B18c JDM Type R motor swap that is for a resonable price. I'm por. If possible close to or around North Carolina. Any Help Helps. Gracias!!!^_^

if you are poor, don't buy a new motor. use the money on bills or something productive.

Being new to the hobby can U even get a JDM around here. If U have to order, were would you recommend to order one from. And aslo are they worth the money to spend on.

Just forgot to ask on the thread before, sorry.

everybody will vouch for hmotorsonline.com. no they aren't worth the money if you can't even afford 2 "O's" in "POOR".

Let me refraise myself. I probably wouldn't spend no more than about 5 grand for the motor swap. Saving a little money might help for a final touch of a turbo or something for my girlfriend. Got to keep them happy

So technically i'm not that poor, just have a slow income due to working at a freakin Food lion. 6.50 hr. isn't good;)

what's a "food lion"? hahahaha. must be a down south thing. anyways, don't buy a type r swap if you only make 6.50 an hour. save the money and go to school or something. maybe turbo your stock motor and save a bunch of money up. ITR motors are cool, but they are spendy. I don't think there are many people in here that will recommend it on a tight budget.

Food Lion is a grocery store. Anyways, I have a big heart for becoming a tuner with a badass car and geting known around city for being a great driver with a nice car. I have the 94 sedan with some ideas in mind for its future. Not trying to get emotional on you but all I need is a little help from u guys to get me started.

PLEASE JUST GIVE ME SOME IDEAS. PLEASE

Tell and ask others for their input:)

well, if you want to have the fastest car, it is going to take a lot of patience on your part. i would start by setting some goals. whether it be 1/4 mile/hp/road racing. don't say something stupid like 500 hp either. set a reasonable goal. determine if you want to be turbo/sc/na. if you really want to build one of the fastest cars around, start doing research. learn how to build a car. read online, go to bookstores. second. while your car is still slow (they won't share info if you have a swap. they will want to see your setup. tell them you are a beginner), check out other peoples cars. see what they have. take notes. go to the track. watch them. watch the cars. see what they have done. take notes. next decide what you really want to do.

i would suggest you leave your motor in right now and start with a plain old ls or gsr long block. put it on a motor stand just start putting it together. new pistons, rods, cams, whole rebuild. then when you get it together. put it in. get a good lsd tranny. clutch, flywheel, exhaust. all that.

but first you have to set goals and figure out how to get there. there is no knowledge that is not power. so study up and save your money for a little while. scope out the scene and always have your nose in an engine bay. you need to get dirty to. learn about your car by busting your knuckles.

I have the hookup with doing about anything there is to do with building cars because my dad can fix about anything there is. I have been into this hobby for about a year and have been reading Super Street magazine for 1 1/2 years. I already have a exhaust system with 2.5 piping and American Racing Muffler. I attached an makeshift intake system. I did all the work with my dad and gave me about a 15 horsepower gain.

Just saying, (I'm not illiterate to the hobby). I appreciate the advice and have only one more ?

I have about 3 grand saved so far and want to get started on something. What would you start with.

POWER, I NEED POWER :confused:

EG8Demon said:
I have the hookup with doing about anything there is to do with building cars because my dad can fix about anything there is. I have been into this hobby for about a year and have been reading Super Street magazine for 1 1/2 years. I already have a exhaust system with 2.5 piping and American Racing Muffler. I attached an makeshift intake system. I did all the work with my dad and gave me about a 15 horsepower gain.

Just saying, (I'm not illiterate to the hobby). I appreciate the advice and have only one more ?

I have about 3 grand saved so far and want to get started on something. What would you start with.

POWER, I NEED POWER :confused:

I told you, you can't get to where you want, if you don't know where you are going. you need to set goals first. figure out what you are going to do with the car. then you can go from there. an your exhaust and intake didn't give you 15 hp on a civic. i promise you that.

but anyways, set some goals and we will help you there. if you want a good way to start, spend that money on an ls swap. which would run about $1000 after all is said and done, then spent the other $2000 on a turbo kit. get some good tires and a suspension set up and you will be happy.

it's a non-vtec integra motor. rs/ls/gs. good torque. reasonably fuel efficient. cheap swaps. good upgrade for a budget.

this is why you should do a lot of reading and research. read the FAQ/Articles/reference sections. there is a lot of info that you can get that you won't find in a superstreet magazine.

I guess I don't know as much as I thought I did. I'm sorry for wasting your time. I appreciate your time and your advice. I will be back and know more and probably have more questions just to help me understand better. Thanks.:) :)

nope, you aren't wasting anybody's time. i just want to send you in the right direction. we are here to help. that's what forums are for. good information and meeting new people. ask away, just try to find your answers first. that's the key here. you will learn a lot, it just isn't an overnight process. learn about your car. bust your knuckles. and research. read other peoples posts. read the tech and maint posts to learn how to fix and troubleshoot stuff. there is a world of knowledge out there, just don't get discouraged.

I fyou want a fast car and be known around where you live, get ready for it to take a long ass time for only 6.50hr. Trust me, exspecially when you do a swap your going to run into problems. anything from forgeting to buy something you need to something always breaking. When you start modding your honda something most likly will give, then youll have to look at your baby broken down in your garage and wait till you can buy a new part. Have a honda that you would like to race a so fourth requires lots of money and time.

Ever since i started modding my Integra ive been slammed with new things i need to buy. I was like you somewhat new to the seen so I bought some Megan Racing Coilovers, slaped them on and thought that was it, but having a lowered car dosnt just require coilovers, you need a camber kit (front/rear) Shocks, Lower control arms. This is just one exaple of how costly it can get and how fast it can happen. So be prepard to spend all you money on the car.

Honda's are money pits but i woulndnt hav it any other way. =D

-Corey

EDIT: Don't forget about any speeding tickets you may get along the way. :p Those can really slow down your build, I know it did for me :p

Last edited:
Back