Buying a car with a Type R Valve cover?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zooty

I ws just looking into this integra ( i have a Hooptie LS right now) and aside all the other things that make me want it (sheetmetal JDM front end, CF hood/spoiler, tires etc) i noticed that it's a GSR but it has a Type R valve cover (or so he states) is there anything in this picture that looks totally off or is there a reason for doing something like this? (maybe he wanted a cheap Type R Knockoff?)

Didn't know where else to post it...

6274018687.239520348.IM1.03.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

6274018690.239520348.IM1.06.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

decent little car there.

do you know how to tell the difference between engines?

Yeah I know where the engine code is stamped, but aside that i only know em by their valve cover style and lettering (like the h22 has a huge VTEC on it whereas a B18b1 has square bumps on it) but aside that not really..:confused: it's listed as a GSR but also states it had a Type R valve cover which looks about right, but i dunno if such a modification would do much, isnt there alot more to the head that would require change for it to do something?

well, a type R valve cover only cost $100. you should do some research on how to tell which engine it is. if it says gs-r, it probably is.

i dunno if such a modification would do much, isnt there alot more to the head that would require change for it to do something?

a Type R valve cover isnt gonna add any performance what-so-ever if you're getting that impression.. it'd have to be the entire head which i can tell its not because the GSR manifold wont bolt up to it

it'd have to be the entire head which i can tell its not because the GSR manifold wont bolt up to it

Just the answer i needed, :cool:

So it's a Type-R poser-mobile lol, better than my boring ol 200k mile USDM LS..

I was also just lookin for someone to point out something that mightve made the car undesireable, I'm newer to cars so.. thanks!

Last edited:
Judging by the picture, it has a gsr intake manifold. That manifold will only bolt up to a gsr head. As for your valve cover, its red. No mechanical advantages.....probably just an old itr v-cover.

Back