1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying an Integra LS?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by utn, Feb 2, 2005.

1. utn

utn Member

I'm looking at a 1992 Integra LS Hatchback for sale, its going for $3950 off the bat with 146k miles, original engine all stock interior, exterior and mechanical.

New front axles & cv joints/boots, new front brake rotors, new radiator. Engine has no blow by tranny is in good condition, shifts fine fresh tire tread.

But some things need replacement like...

Clutch is almost worn out, although I don't think it slips yet
    Rear brake pads and maybe discs need replacement
    According to the Acura dealership inspection, the front and rear struts/shocks are in "fair" condition
    Oil pan leaks oil, don't know if its a gasket or pan issue, but it leaks
    power steering hose leaks
    exhaust is rusted

According to the Acura dealership these repairs will cost aprox $2000... ouch...

It's being sold by a mom 'n pop weekend dealership, so that's why they said the price might be higher than 3rd parties.

So should I just look at another car, or try to haggle them down a few thousand. Isn't $4k a little high for a starting price anyhow?

Thanks a lot,
    Scott

2. tylonalsnifnfool

tylonalsnifnfool Senior Member

Thats very overpriced for a teg with problems like that. Hell thats even to high for one w/o those issues.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

4. utn

utn Member

Whats a fair price for that car.. $1000? $2?

What would be a fair price for a good conditioned integra of the same years (90-93)?

-Scott

5. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

Buying older used cars from dealer is tough. They always want way too much for them. This is what I use to price cars I find its pretty accurate, and most people are willing to go by it. I would try to find a car thru autotrader.com / cars.com / locate newspaper / forums :)

Here is that website, Edmunds

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted