Buying Nitrous System, Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I was thinking of going with nitrous, i really do not have much money and i was wondering which system is the best for the dollar. (assuming I have a stock engine) I was also looking into the NX incognito system but really cant find any info on this system other than it works with the intake system, also it is at a nice cost. Also which of the big three brands is the best (NX, ZEX, NOS). Any help will be nice. Thanks

From previous experience my favorite is ZEX. Very simple to install, shoots the juice at full throttle. I'm not sure about the price. I beleive my boss got a 75 shot for about 375, but that's not retail, retail is around 500. We get discounts on about anything for cars so I have no clue what the price is. I would recommend doing a few upgrades, unless you're spraying on an h23. What kind of motor is it?

s3ea438ef02865.jpg

I have a del sol si D16, if i run like a 35-50 would i need any mods first?

Incognito kit is only like a 1.2lb bottle. Basically a hidden system. It's available on overboost.com for around $200. Don't know much more, although I've tried to look into it before.

is the incognito system just a smaller nitrous bottle? would it be possible to have two bottles in the two back bins in the sol?

You will need a fuel pressure regulator if you are going to run a 75 shot as well. If you go Zex with the 55 then you should be fine stock.

Peace*

Originally posted by SolPWR@Apr 25 2003, 03:17 PM
is the incognito system just a smaller nitrous bottle? would it be possible to have two bottles in the two back bins in the sol?

thats VERY ussafe.

if it gets to hot, and it blows up- instead of your trunk, you are dead

While I'v heard good things about Zex and NX, NOS has been making nitrous longer than any of those companies.

Make your assumptions from that.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 26 2003, 08:40 PM
if you managed to blow up a nitrous bottle, it would release pressure not fire.

yeah, and shrapnel of bottle into the back of your head at 1000000 mph

If you got the cash, go with Venom. Their kits are electronically controlled so you can tune it to a number of different delivery styles, rpm, gear, manual, etc.

Say, I've got all the components necessary for a nitrous system for your car for sale. It's a wet system (puts fuel and nitrous into the manifold). with a nitrous purge kit. If you understand electronics its not too hard to install. If you are close, I'd consider putting it in for you. I'm in MN, near St. Paul.

True, NOS has been making nitrous longer than NX or ZEX, but that does not mean crap. If you have a domestic car, use NOS. If you have an import, use NX or ZEX. Preferably ZEX. You can get a ZEX kit at around $450.00. That is a very good deal.

There are basically 3 types of nitrous systems. 1) The "dry system" adds another hole into your intake system and sprays nitrous from there. 2) The "wet system" taps into your fuel line and incorporates a "nozzle" that sprays both nitrous and fuel mixed into the intake manifold. This is a little safer than the "dry system" because each cylinder is receiving the same amount of fuel and nitrous, given everything is running i.e. no clog fuel injectors. 3) The "direct port system" is very similar to the "wet system" and by far the safest, but most expensive system. Each cylinder receives it own "nozzles" and nitrous/fuel is truly distrubed evenly. In my opinion, the dry system is the cheapest and easiest to install. If you're running only 35-50 shots, this is the way to go. The wet system would be next if you had a little more cash or want to be on the "safe side." Nitrous is always activated ONLY at full throttle with some exceptions. There are ways to fool the system into thinking its at WOT and have it has a push button has seen in FnF and Gone In 60 Secs. Also, if you get the Venom systems, you can change nitrous activation and amount with a PC.
The safest to run nitrous in a "wet" and "dry" system is to get colder plugs and retard your timing. You can retard your timing by adjusting your distrubator. Throwing in a fuel regulator is nice, but not needed if running minimal amounts. Also, the rule of thumb for a stock car is "half the horsepower and minus ten." I.e. d16 is, give or take, at 105-110hp *not sure*. Divide that by 2 and minus ten. 60hp minus 10 is 50hp. Thus, run no more than 50 shots to be safe. You can disregard that rule when you've upgraded fuel, ignition, pistons, etc etc...
Ah alast, I would go with NOS nitrous given its simplicity. NX is good, so is ZEX, but their a "tad" bit more complicated because of extra "safety" electronics. Also, my friends have had bad experience with ZEX and blowing their motors. Faulty injectors mostly. Given that, its not really the nitrous system that messed up their motors. So all in all, their basically the same except for price.
Anyway, hopes some of that mumble jumbo helped. happy tunings!

Very Very Good Explanation on Nitrous Oxide Kits and types. That just made the favorites.

Back