Buzz Kill

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uhh ok. You said the reason these engines blow up is because
Yeah, everything's so fucking precise in these engines that the slightest problem blows the wole damned thing.
I'm just saying these "slight problems" are more likely to happen when you have twice as many moving parts.
Simple = Reliable
Captain Obvious strikes again! :p

you show me a motor that compress water 12:1 and i'll show you a motor that won't get hydro locked...

captain obvious strikes yet again :p

BMW engines are like tinkertoys... so many parts to fall apart and when you're done with it, you're left with parts you know should be in there but don't know where they go... but, I'll show you my B16, and even TWAN can attest... that motor was indeed hydrolocked... but, he saved it. I swear. It still runs to this day... and it's got even compression locked in at 225 all the way across... miracle? yes. :) No bent rods, either... I'm impressed. Go 10.7:1 CR. ;)

BMW engines are like tinkertoys... so many parts to fall apart and when you're done with it, you're left with parts you know should be in there but don't know where they go... but, I'll show you my B16, and even TWAN can attest... that motor was indeed hydrolocked... but, he saved it. I swear. It still runs to this day... and it's got even compression locked in at 225 all the way across... miracle? yes. :) No bent rods, either... I'm impressed. Go 10.7:1 CR. ;)
i find that hard to believe
unless you had the clutch disengaged and it just stalled as soon as you hit water

i saw a guy hook a 12v+ to one of the injectors on a MPFI and then try and start the motor, little D16 rod got so mangled the motor wouldn't even turn over a complete revolution without the rod hitting the cylinder wall...
and that was just the torque from the starter

here's the story. TWAN was in Vegas with me when it happened.

We tried to ford a puddle and as I was debating whether to keep going or not, the car died. I was at idle with my foot on the clutch pedal. well, i let it out, and we got out and pushed the car.

How do i know there was water in the crankcase? When they did the oil system flush, it was no longer oil. it was nasty slush of oil and mostly water. CAI + deep vegas puddles from excessive rain don't mix. So, what did Anthony do? He sucked the water out of the cylinders with a straw. I appreciate him for that... I was hysterically crying thinking I was stuck like Chuck in Vegas with no money. Here's what's funny... after doing all that... and I moved (keep in mind I drove this car home) I took it to the shop to see if it HAD bent any rods. They took it apart and told me they were all fine. Just a few days ago a compression test was done on it and it was 225 all across. i was present to see all of this... anyway, i'm not asking you to 'believe' it... but it happened to me... this isn't just a 'story.' The funniest part is I haven't replaced anything in the motor and it still runs...

and trust me... i thought i was doomed... like... seriously... I thought I was going to become some stripper.

I love asshats that are incapable of understanding what they read...and even more incapable of asking a question.
rep sent :thumbsup:
If you have the slightest error with a BMW engine you will blow the entire thing. I didn't say that the precision was the sole reason it blew, it was a fucking statement. Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick!
I'm not sure who you're arguing with, I never said precision was the reason either. What the hell does precision have to do with it anyway :shrug2:
By the way, you still need to research BMW engines before opening your mouth about them.
You have to open your mouth to type?
Don't you get drool in the keys?
Better question: do the keys enjoy it?

When I hydrolocked my crx I put 4 holes in the engine block and the thing was glowing red. I tried to make it home but was about 4 miles away when it finally quit.

Back