bye bye Clinton...Bama for prez

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does the idea of stealing identities by driving around with a laptop in your car bother you even the slightest?

Do the words "Papers, please?" bother you?
No ? Them be sure to vote for the marxist candidate, Barack McGovern, I mean Obama !

Free $5 and a pack of Kools to voters who are melanin enhanced ! come on DOWN !

Does the idea of stealing identities by driving around with a laptop in your car bother you even the slightest?

Do the words "Papers, please?" bother you?

They do, yes. If there was a choice between a more traditionally conservative candidate and McCain, I'd vote against him. Like I said, I'm definitely not for McCain, but right now he seems like the better option...

Does none of that stuff in the list bother you about Obama?

Last edited:
No ? Them be sure to vote for the marxist candidate, Barack McGovern, I mean Obama !

Free $5 and a pack of Kools to voters who are melanin enhanced ! come on DOWN !

There was only one candidate willing to completely stamp out RealID: Paul. He understood why it's a bad idea. Obama turned his back on RealID when he realized that it was being pushed through without any real implementation.

WHY did he vote for RealID? Because it was a rider. That's why all the candidates voted for it. However Bammy said he does not support it. McCain however says he does.

They do, yes. If there was a choice between a more traditionally conservative candidate and McCain, I'd vote against him. Like I said, I'm definitely not for McCain, but right now he seems like the better option...

Does none of that stuff in the list bother you about Obama?

Sure, some do. However very few impact why I am voting for him. He's not perfect, but he isn't a Xerox copy of Bush, either.

and remember folks new does not always mean better. To be frank my biggest bitch about obama is taxes and universal healthcare. I want the government to keep it greedy ineffectual hand out of my pocket. If you need life saving health care and dont have insuance why should I have to pay for it, I'm having a hard enough time supporting my own family.

Sure, some do. However very few impact why I am voting for him. He's not perfect, but he isn't a Xerox copy of Bush, either.
another bad reason to vote for anyone. I would like to see someone list a decent reason to vote for obama. Hell, not that I agree with it, but even the black vote is a better reason then that.

another bad reason to vote for anyone. I would like to see someone list a decent reason to vote for obama. Hell, not that I agree with it, but even the black vote is a better reason then that.

Why am I voting for Obama? Net neutrality, the opposition of RealID, the permanent ban of net taxes, the appointment of a CTO to the cabinet, the reliance on REAL tech people for tech info (versus McCain, bringing a lawyer and media exec for his tech advisor), he isn't constantly saying "Islamofascism", "Terrorism" and "9/11" all the time.

Those are a few of the reasons.

Why am I voting for Obama? Net neutrality, the opposition of RealID, the permanent ban of net taxes, the appointment of a CTO to the cabinet, the reliance on REAL tech people for tech info (versus McCain, bringing a lawyer and media exec for his tech advisor), he isn't constantly saying "Islamofascism", "Terrorism" and "9/11" all the time.

Those are a few of the reasons.

What are your other reasons? It seems like a lot of those things you listed would benefit your profession (you work in IT, right?). Obviously it's nice if a presidential candidate supports things that pertain to your profession and interests (and I do see your point on the RealID stuff), but when you're talking about picking the person who's going to lead an entire nation (that's quite diverse) there's lots more to consider then just that.

My main gripe with Obama is that he just doesn't have much experience. He's an elegant speaker and writer, but that doesn't necessarily translate to good leader. Also, he likes to talk about unification and non-partisanship, but if you actually look at his voting record he seriously is one of the most unabashedly liberal people in US politics today.

McCain, on the other hand, actually does have a history of reaching across the aisle and working with Democrats, which is one way that does distinguish him from Bush a bit. I'm just afraid that if we get Obama in office it's going to be Bush to the extreme reverse, i.e. everything the liberal way or nothing at all...

Sabz5150 said:
McCain supports RealID. Now, if you want to turn America into Hacker's Paradise (TM), by all means go right ahead.

REAL ID Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The REAL ID Act of 2005 is U.S. federal law which imposes certain security, authentication and issuance procedures standards for the state driver's licenses and state ID cards, in order for them to be accepted by the federal government for "official purposes", as defined by the Secretary of Homeland Security. Currently, the Secretary of Homeland Security has defined "official purposes" as presenting state driver's licenses and identification cards for boarding commercially operated airline flights, entering federal buildings and nuclear power plants. The Act is a rider to an act of the United States Congress titled Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005.
The Real ID Act implements the following:

• Establishing new national standards for state-issued driver licenses and non-driver identification cards;
  • Waiving laws that interfere with construction of physical barriers at the borders;
  • Updating and tightening the laws on application for asylum and deportation of aliens for terrorist activity;
  • Introducing rules covering "delivery bonds" (rather like bail bonds but for aliens who have been released pending hearings);
  • Funding some reports and pilot projects related to border security; and
  • Changing visa limits for temporary workers, nurses, and Australian citizens.
As of April 2, 2008, all 50 states have either applied for extensions of the original May 11, 2008 compliance deadline or received unsolicited extensions, meaning that the REAL ID Act will not become an issue at federal facilities and airports until December 31, 2009.[1]

ok not trying to be a jack ass here... but :gives:

seriously... tell me why i should give a shit about this

From that description it sounds like the program's aimed at securing the borders, keeping illegals out, and making it easier for illegals to be deported...

...can somebody please explain the downside?

If getting a new, technologically-enhanced driver's license and having to present it before boarding flights or crossing borders will significantly reduce the massive influx of illegals into our country I think I'd support it... :shrug2:

Its another control.
I think realid is some b/s im not voting for obama. he's not going to make a diff with this shits.

Also as far as someone driving around stealing identities, not hard. little antenna a specific wireless lan car. a little know how a fedora core with airsnort and some time in a rich neighborhood. ding! lol
not that...well just ....someone change subject again.

Well realid does aim towards stopping illegals. but its also too much control and loss of personal privacy thats why i dont support it

Its another control.
I think realid is some b/s im not voting for obama. he's not going to make a diff with this shits.

Right, but we already have "control" systems in place for this, they're revamping it and taking it much more seriously. It's not a new concept though.

Universal health care on the other hand, is...

Unless we elect a bunch of old school conservatives then "controls" are inevitable. I think I'd rather deal with Real ID (and hopefully at least reap some of the benefits of it) then have Obama dipping his hands into my pockets to provide universal health care to people I don't know or owe a thing to...

seriously... tell me why i should give a shit about this

You shouldn't. Just relax with the fact that the Ferrari you'll buy will be well taken care of :)

You know RFID can be read from a distance, right? You know these RFID devices will contain your identity, right? You know if the gov't can read them, the bad guys can too, right? A door is a door and anyone can walk through it.

But don't worry about it. It's easier for a mosquito to feed when its victim doesn't care.

With a Christian pastor? Wow. Hook, line, sinker. Speaking of ones brain not retaining its original function...

He was a Muslim for nearly thirty years...he converted at his wife's insistence that a Christian would fare better in US Politics...

Right, but we already have "control" systems in place for this, they're revamping it and taking it much more seriously. It's not a new concept though.

Universal health care on the other hand, is...

Unless we elect a bunch of old school conservatives then "controls" are inevitable. I think I'd rather deal with Real ID (and hopefully at least reap some of the benefits of it) then have Obama dipping his hands into my pockets to provide universal health care to people I don't know or owe a thing to...

exactly

Many advocacy groups and individual opponents of the Real ID Act believe that having a Real ID-compliant license may become a requirement for various basic tasks. Thus a January 2008 statement by ACLU of Maryland says: "The law places no limits on potential required uses for Real IDs. In time, Real IDs could be required to vote (already need to present a Drivers license or other proof of ID), collect a Social Security check (good), access Medicaid (good), open a bank account (already need to present a Drivers license or other proof of ID), go to an Orioles game ( :gives: ), or buy a gun (already need to present my Drivers License/ID and Pistol Permit... or ID and wait 14 days for background check for rifles/shotguns without Permit). The private sector could begin mandating a Real ID to perform countless commercial and financial activities, such as renting a DVD (are you fucking kidding... tin foil isle 7... also :gives: ) or buying car insurance (good). Real ID cards would become a necessity, making them de facto national IDs." However, it should be noted that in order to perform many of those tasks, government-issued identification is already required (e.g., two forms of ID - usually a driver's license, passport, or Social Security card - are required by the Patriot act in order to open a bank account).[36]

Tin foil? You don't have anything to hide, do you? :ph34r: I mean, that's the only reason you'd block your government mandated ID.

You miss the point entirely. The simple fact is that this technology is extremely vulnerable and attackable without a level of proximity that would alert you to my misdoings. Sure, keep that bad boy wrapped in tinfoil... you gotta take it out to use it, and every time it's open in the air, it's vulnerable.

RealID is currently akin to a Ferrari F40 with no seatbelts, windows or bolts holding the seat down. Yeah, looks great, sounds even better... wait till something hits you.

Back