bye bye Fire Fox

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Mozilla sucks. I've ALWAYS said that.

Since 1995 with Spry's "Internet in a box" and Netscape v1. I hate that program.

please elaborate, I don't understand your hatred toward mozilla.

I can't completely agree with you that firefox is mozilla, it forked a long time ago, it is based from the gecko engine. I've used opera for sometime as well and I always ran into compatibity issues with site designed for IE , I still preffer firefox open-source,more support, extensible list of add-ins and extensions, on to pof that it's a crossplatform browser. firefox has a pretty good development release cycle and a quick response to security patches, it has sparked various other forks or variants from it's base such as flock and madfox.

I cn understand the choice to use opera but to hate mozilla , I figure that hate should be directed toward IE

i'm sure that not yours right B?

but i see the google toolbar in firefox...
i thought you couldn;t run the google toolbar in that?

Quoted post[/post]]
It's still mozilla. If I made an IE snap-in for windows and relabelled it and worked out a few of the microsoft fingerprints it would be hailed as the best thing since sliced bread.

Opera is where it's at, by the way. I don't use it, but I still like it. And if you never want to be bothered by "the People's Internet" again you'll get Charon.

Negative, Ghostrider.

The original Netscape and Firefox are different. Firefox is based on the Gecko engine. Way different from the good ol Netscape of long ago.

Internet Explorer also does not adhere to most web standards unlike other browsers, including Fox.

The only reason that IE seems faster is because it's bolted into the OS so tightly. Well, we know where that gets you... WMF bugs and the sort. What's the new one... something about active scripting... the one Microsoft STILL hasn't patched. Sure, you can hack at IE to make it immune to that but you lose a LOT of features and accessibility that way.

Quoted post[/post]]
try a tool bar.

screenshot.png

LOL that's fucking great! :laugh:

The mozilla suite sucks.

I used to just have the firefox browser and not the entire suite and never had one problem. Fast forward to reformatting and having to reinstall everything. I downloaded the suite rather than firefox alone and I crash constantly if I'm pushing it, whereas I.E. doesn't crash. I don't even like I.E., but its been better than the mozilla suite in the last version.

My girlfriend's mozilla took a shit as well.

WTF are you people doing to your computers?!

I have pushed my laptop to thermal shutdown and it didn't skip a beat. Firefox rarely crashes and usually when it does I can rest the blame on the site I went to.

Once again, seems to be a PEBKAC.

Back