byebye tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjfisher

ok,my friends b16 swapped hatch just kissed his tranny goodbye.just looking for some input on what exactly might have happened and/or what coulda caused it.so if you can diagnose problems like this via internet,this is your topic Cool

3rd has been grinding for a while,but no biggy.he was cruisin down the hwy for about 10 min,then it popped out of 5th,and he heard it start to rev up,so he tried putting it back in gear,but it wouldnt stay in gear.he gets home,pulls the tranny,and finds that the differential was broke,seems as if the axle was the only thing holding it in there....

any input?besides he obviously needs a new tranny?

if it was a stock LSD tranny there notorious for blowing there Diff when the LSD goes out. least thats what i heard

b16 trannys suck theyre so weak, i blew mine to shit, the diff gears teeth break off - its from doing burnouts. It feels like you got rear ended when they break ooff.. Tell your friend to chill with the burnouts and time for a LSD so it wont break that easily.

Thats what I did

Quoted post[/post]]
b16 trannys suck theyre so weak, i blew mine to shit, the diff gears teeth break off - its from doing burnouts. It feels like you got rear ended when they break ooff.. Tell your friend to chill with the burnouts and time for a LSD so it wont break that easily.

Thats what I did
well that explains why my tranny does that.. it feels like i hit a brick wall when i'm in reverse and press the clutch in...

Quoted post[/post]]

Thats what I did
ok cool,thanks

Quoted post[/post]]

Thats what I did

b16 trannies dont suck.

look at all the SFWD cars. most of them are running B16 trannies with 600+WHP and not having problems because they know what they are doing.

he's pry talking about STOCK b16 trannies,and i do agree,they arent the strongest tranny out there (atleast the older gen ones)

Back