1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C27A in a 3rd G Lude?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by spiffyguido, Oct 8, 2003.

1. spiffyguido

spiffyguido Junior Member

Hey everyone. I'm thinking of buying a 3rd Gen lude really soon. I also have the chance to get a C27A engine from an '89 Acura Legend. Other than a lot of frabrication, can this engine be put in the 3rd G prelude.
    I know this might be a nube question, I just don't know that much about 3rd gens yet cause I've only ever had a 2nd gen.

Thanks all for your help. Also, if anyone knows anything worth knowing about this engine, please post too.

Peace

2. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

to offer a generic response- sure- any motor can be put into any car with the right amount of money and knowledge- But why bother- I've had a 3rd gen lude for a while now, and i know a pretyt good amount about them- The best advice i can give is sell that motor and buy an h22a- that's a swap that's certainly worht your while

3. DesertNightEagle

DesertNightEagle Senior Member

you know what, if you're going to do a swap like that why not just sell that engine get some other engine thats going to make alot of power h22 for example, put the engine in the trunk and make the mountings there and have a unique prelude. or get the engine from a crv or passport, which ever you can get in 4 wheel drive and have an AWD prelude

wow what an imagination

4. sloazcrx

sloazcrx Senior Member

Been done in an Integra. Honda Tuning Magazine last month!

5. Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ Guest

Get rid of the Legend engine and get a H22. Much easier.

6. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

i personally guarentee you that you will be happy with an H22. Once you feel that VTEC engage at 5500rpms you will know what i mean, kicks harder that any other stock VTEC honda ive driven. I dont know about anyone elses h22 but my 1st to 2nd gear shift doesnt just chirp when you bang gears, it lays rubber. Just something to think about :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted