C5 In A Sol (d16)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigdsol

I'm putting a B18C5 into my del Sol Si (D16) and it seems as though my mechanic has taken care of everything, but I just want to make sure. I have the motor with LSD trans. He is getting my shift linkage, axles, and mounts from a B16 Sol. He has a guy that can rechip my stock ECU, and says we're going to leave it ODB1 with 1 O2 sensor. The TPS on the motor is broken, but I was told that the TPS from my D16 motor will mount up fine.

As long as everything I'm going to need is with me when I drive out there he will have it done in one day if everything goes smoothly, two days at worst. I'm sure people have run into nightmares before and I know you can't always have everything covered. But if there's anything you might be able to think of or things that you might have left out in the past on a big project like this, I would appreciate the info. Because I can't afford to take too much time off of work.

My email is bigdsol@wideopenwest.com if you think of anything or have suggestions.

Thanks, DSmiley

you basicly have everything covered although i am not sure about the tps fitting on to the ITR.

Dont forget to put a new waterpump and timingbelt on before the engine goes in the car. Much easier that way and then you'll be set for another 70k miles plus

Oh and please take the pic out of your sig, even though it is not that big, it takes up bandwith

im pretty sure the TPS from (almost)any honda engine will work (they are all the same as far as i know)

guess i was :owned: i thoght that it was like most d-b series parts, not intercangable

Get a clutch in!!!! I highly regret not doing that before i put my motor in :bash:

No matter how good of condition you think its in- make sure to change at least these 3 things-

1. Timing belt

2. Water pump

3. Clutch/LSD if you ever plan on getting one

Just wait a few more weeks to save up some $ to get those parts, otherwise you will regret it later...trust me.

edit- im a dumbass and didnt read the whole post and realize that you already have a LSD, scratch that one off the list :p

If you buy the h20 pump and the timing belt at a honda dealer, at most it will cost you is 100 and if you go through Hparts.com you can get the OEM stuff for even cheaper. If you have a shop do it after you put the engine in, it will cost you 200-400, (i think i paid about 200 because the guy was my naighbor and he is cheap as hell) for a FWD car, normally to this (when engine is in car), they unbolt the passenger side mount then they do it, takes a decent amount of time.

Back