C5 Vette vs Motorsport Elise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i bet if it was the v8 race version of the lotus elise that c5 wouldnt stand a chance.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Apr 12 2004, 02:03 AM
i bet if it was the v8 race version of the lotus elise that c5 wouldnt stand a chance.

ummmm yeah ya think

thats the lotus elise GT1 (strictly track car)

3506cc
32valve
V8
580 bhp
1760 lbs

hmm I wonder how that'd do against a 2500 lbs 620 hp C5R Vette...hell I don't know the real weight of the car, i'm just basing it off the normal street legal C5 weighing 3000-3100 lbs.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 9 2004, 11:25 PM
this motorsport Elise gets fucking OWNED.

It looks to me like it is the other way around, that Elise came close to passing that corvette twice, and the only place the corvette could get away was at the straight-away at them end. Pretty good video though.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Apr 12 2004, 02:12 AM-->
revolution8k
@Apr 9 2004, 11:25 PM
this motorsport Elise gets fucking OWNED.

It looks to me like it is the other way around, that Elise came close to passing that corvette twice, and the only place the corvette could get away was at the straight-away at them end. Pretty good video though.

Coming close means shit.. he still ended up behind the C5 at the end...

that = :owned:

Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 11 2004, 10:30 PM
No Elises came with 200 hp, but Elises have come with the JDM ITR motor and 195 hp. With it's light weight that 195 hp Elise will out handle, accelerate, brake and skippad the 2000 Cobra R, and they both cost around 55k.

Hate to do two post in a row, but no elise has ever "come" with a type R motor it, or at least not from the factory. The elise that is coming to this country in a couple months is going to have the Celica GTS motor in it, so about a 180hp 2.0l. The elise in England come with a 130hp-190hp Rover K series, which actually has a nice aftermarket support over there thanks to the elise. Honda has officially turned down lotus several times to put type R motors in their cars. To put a type R in an Elise is an aftermarket/kit thing. To bring an Elise into this country with a type R motor in it makes it a kit car, and it follows all those rules, at the auto-x last weekend there was an Elise with a real spoon JDM type R in it, and the owner gave me the lesson on the Elise and what it took him to get the thing in the country and how much it cost him, so it went from being a $40,000 car to being an $80,000 car. Oh and the people in the U.S. doing the type R conversions in the elises is:
http://www.prototyperacing.com/

well i dunno. it was an article in SCC about a year ago, it had an ITR motor in it. Cept the motor said "Lotus" or some shit on the valve cover...I know it wasn't an Elise that was street legal in the states. I dunno, but there was an Elise with an ITR motor in it....somewhere....

Back