C5 Z06 vs stock base C6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The C6 and the Z06 is a driver's race. A local here has had both, and says the C6 is a little more comfy, but the Z06 was slightly faster. He went 12.4 in a bone stock Z06, and went 12.9 in his C6 with 300 miles on the odometer. ;)

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Sep 18 2004, 11:09 PM
eh, push rods and leaf springs still suck.
[post=392049]Quoted post[/post]​

When compared, :fosho3:

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Sep 19 2004, 12:08 AM
the camera man fuckin blew....hasnt he heard of ZOOMING IN so we can see the times
[post=392091]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, i agree... but the point is you can clearly see the C6 going thru the traps first, and for 10 grand less base price... thats a steal.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Sep 19 2004, 09:29 AM
did anyone notice that it said Calloway corvette. Calloway is like the spoon of Corvettes
[post=392156]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea but it also said (stock) so i guess they ran it stock first before modding the hell out of it.

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Sep 19 2004, 02:55 PM
...... ok the reason I say that is out dated.... 94 ZR-1... nuff said

they did the same things.. 10 YEARS ago.....
[post=392216]Quoted post[/post]​

and if it works... why change it? That isn't a comparison, the ZR-1 ran a best time of somewhere in the low 13s...where as the new base model C6... yes i said BASE MODEL C6, runs on par with the top of the line Z06 of yesterday.

It will spank 99% of this board, and 80% of the mustang board I found it on. So it doesn't matter what kind of technology is in it.

You're right its not the same as a car.

But if you want something fast as shit thats stock then theres no better way to go unless you're willing to spend 30+K

or since this is a HONDA board about SWAPPING motors and TURBOING stuff

why not spend 12-15K on building a car that will spank the Vette?

my old civic is still on the road being used everyday at 380WHP I would love to see a C6 or Z06 keep up with it

bottom line I as with I think a lot of other people on this board could care less if a Z06 or C6 runs 12s

for a few grand less why not buy a Lotus? or you could buy a used viper for around the same price.

Vettes are not bad looking but they are as common as civics and mustangs

even if they run 12s.. who cares

Originally posted by jeffie7@Sep 19 2004, 05:32 PM
bottom line I as with I think a lot of other people on this board could care less if a Z06 or C6 runs 12s

I think I made the title rather obvious, if you didn't care... why are you here? :shrug2:

for a few grand less why not buy a Lotus? or you could buy a used viper for around the same price.

Sure the lotus out handles the C6, but it's not faster and a 6.0 V8 has more potential than a high strung 1.8L. I don't think I'd want a used viper, but hell if you do... good luck finding one.

Vettes are not bad looking but they are as common as civics and mustangs

Can't argue with this at all, but what you usually see are drop top/ttop C5 base model automatics which run 13-13.5s if that with the old fart in the driver seat. What you don't see too many of are Z06s, at least I don't. It's almost as rare as finding a Viper GTS/RT10/SRT10.

even if they run 12s.. who cares
[post=392262]Quoted post[/post]​

I do... so refer to my first rebuttal for my next rebuttal. Thank you.

90% of vettes are people who are buying them for status.
10% of people (like my father) are building/buying them for the love of the car.

And to respond to Jeffie, bikes are a completely different sensation of speed than a car. Yeah even on a 500 you can be going 100mph in an extremely short time. But most anyone who drives fast, and rides fast, will tell you that they are 2 completely different things - including myself. Unless you completely disregard the differences in the two machines. It's like saying you'll never drive a car again because you can get a cheap go-kart with a bike motor that does 0-100 in 4 seconds.

So saying you should just "buy a bike" ignores so many details, like for instance peoples "love" for cars, that it just makes no sense.

And when buying a car, nobody can dispute that many cars are bought for other reasons that pure speed. Sure, you want a 12 second street car. Would you rather have a Honda or a Ferrari? Or as a closer example maybe, would you rather have a 12 second honda, or 12 second last gen m3? Both will probably cost 15gs, but most people would still rather have the bimmer because they carry better qualities.

I don't know.

All in the area I guess.... Here I see see newer vetts all the time its not even uncommin to see a boosted Vette

I saw 2 vipers today in my area =) but on a normal weekend I will only see 1
today I saw a good 20 corvettes you're right about a good bit of them being the older vettes but a good bit of them are Z06s I've even see a few C6s with the funky headlights.

About the Lotus comment yes its a dinky 1.8 making a total of what 190hp? but it's sitll a faster car I remember a few months back SCCM put it up to a Cobra R and the Elise had a faster 1/4 mile

oh btw did you know my 1.6 is making 380WHP right now? what makes you think a elise that weighs under 2000lbs couldnt make the same power with a turbo?

I've seen 2309480329840923894023 corvettes in my life time I've yet to see ONE elise

I hate having something everyone else has and a corvette... well no thanks
Thankfully theres still only a handful of 350Zs running around my area.

Back