C5 Z06 vs stock base C6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dude I was just pointing out if you want to go fast then theres an easy fix I know the differance in a car to a bike

I've had my share of modded cars from a datsun making 15PSI to my old turbo civic that is now running 25PSI of boost on pump fuel running 11s on it's everyday boost setting BTW it still has the same CR since it was built on all clys even after 2 years of driving it everyday

P.S if I had to pick a car for speed I wouldnt think twice about building another Civic over buying a C6/Zo6

Im a car nut and I want something that is all out sick fast

380WHP soon to be 420-430WHP in a 2200lbs car owns any stock corvette and cost 20-30K less

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Sep 19 2004, 07:00 PM
90% of vettes are people who are buying them for status.
10% of people (like my father) are building/buying them for the love of the car.

And to respond to Jeffie, bikes are a completely different sensation of speed than a car. Yeah even on a 500 you can be going 100mph in an extremely short time. But most anyone who drives fast, and rides fast, will tell you that they are 2 completely different things - including myself. Unless you completely disregard the differences in the two machines. It's like saying you'll never drive a car again because you can get a cheap go-kart with a bike motor that does 0-100 in 4 seconds.

So saying you should just "buy a bike" ignores so many details, like for instance peoples "love" for cars, that it just makes no sense.

And when buying a car, nobody can dispute that many cars are bought for other reasons that pure speed. Sure, you want a 12 second street car. Would you rather have a Honda or a Ferrari? Or as a closer example maybe, would you rather have a 12 second honda, or 12 second last gen m3? Both will probably cost 15gs, but most people would still rather have the bimmer because they carry better qualities.

I don't know.
[post=392301]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by jeffie7@Sep 19 2004, 07:03 PM
About the Lotus comment yes its a dinky 1.8 making a total of what 190hp? but it's sitll a faster car I remember a few months back SCCM put it up to a Cobra R and the Elise had a faster 1/4 mile
[post=392302]Quoted post[/post]​

You're right about that. That issue came out last summer, I have the article. The Elise was faster, it out maneuvered, out braked and outslalomed the Cobra R. Which is no surprise as the R, (being a stripped down street legal race car) was still in excess of 3500 lbs. The 00 R would be trounced by the C6 vette without trying, the 00 R is a match for the 01 Z06, which had 385 hp/385 ft lbs torque as did the R. The kicker is that the R is 55 grand, and the base C6 is 45k.

Yeah the Elise is a great car if all you care about is cornering, but I just love domestic muscle myself as well.

Thus far I have seen 2 elise's. One was just some guy's at an carshow with dealer plates on it about 2 years ago.

The other was one with Manufactor's plates. Keep in mind, Lotus's Emissions testing facility is 30 minutes from me, not to mention there are a few big car magazine's headquarters in my area. Motor city bitches :)

I would defently have the elise over the c6. Better handling, I am guessing better power to weight ratio, and a shit load more fun then a vette.

Yeah the Elise is a great car if all you care about is cornering,
[post=392325]Quoted post[/post]​

I forgot how slow the elise was when it came to 1/4 mile runs

That mustang was slow yet it would be a good match for the 01 Z06?
BASE MODEL C6, runs on par with the top of the line Z06 of yesterday.

yet the Elise was able to beat the mustang that happens to be a good match for the Z06 so let me get this straight the elise is only good if you like doing nothing but cornering? Hmmmm hey whatever floats your boat

a qoute from sccm
"Horse power is for speed, torque is for burnouts"

Originally posted by jeffie7@Sep 19 2004, 09:31 PM
Yeah the Elise is a great car if all you care about is cornering,
[post=392325]Quoted post[/post]​

I forgot how slow the elise was when it came to 1/4 mile runs

That mustang was slow yet it would be a good match for the 01 Z06?
BASE MODEL C6, runs on par with the top of the line Z06 of yesterday.

yet the Elise was able to beat the mustang that happens to be a good match for the Z06 so let me get this straight the elise is only good if you like doing nothing but cornering? Hmmmm hey whatever floats your boat

a qoute from sccm
"Horse power is for speed, torque is for burnouts"
[post=392338]Quoted post[/post]​

The Elise they compared to the 00 R was never available in the US, it ran somewhere in the high 12s, low 13s and all Car and driver could muster out of the 00 R was a best of 13.5.

The Elise was able to beat the Mustang, but thats not saying much. a 99+ GT with bolt ons and tires can run a 13.5. The 01 Z06 was better in everyway than the 00 R, and 03 Z06 has numerable differences over the 01 model, like power and a bit of weight. The 03 Z06 was the best corvette produced to date but as evidenced by this video, the C6 is MUCH better than the C5 Z06.

That's why I say if all you care about is handling, get the Elise, but if you want to go fast in a straight line with a shitload more potential to go even faster, get the C6. They are so close in performance I'd rather have the car with more potential in modifications.

going fast in a straight line gets old. the new elise runs a 13.5 (according to scc), and if you put a custom turbo set up on it (stock 166whp) depending on what you put on it, you could easily have 200whp. that would be good for 12's. and youll still be saving money. Plus, i think the elise looks better.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 20 2004, 11:58 AM
going fast in a straight line gets old. the new elise runs a 13.5 (according to scc), and if you put a custom turbo set up on it (stock 166whp) depending on what you put on it, you could easily have 200whp. that would be good for 12's. and youll still be saving money. Plus, i think the elise looks better.
[post=392516]Quoted post[/post]​

Whatever floats your boat. A turbo setup on the C6 can, and probably will put you deep into the 11s. :)

Originally posted by revolution8k+Sep 20 2004, 10:40 PM-->
Seany-izzle
@Sep 20 2004, 11:58 AM
going fast in a straight line gets old.  the new elise runs a 13.5 (according to scc), and if  you put a custom turbo set up on it (stock 166whp) depending on what you put on it, you could easily have 200whp.  that would be good for 12's.  and youll still be saving money.  Plus, i think the elise looks better.
[post=392516]Quoted post[/post]​

Whatever floats your boat. A turbo setup on the C6 can, and probably will put you deep into the 11s. :)
[post=392769]Quoted post[/post]​

and cost you how much?!?! i like the fact that in the elise you dont need alot of hp to take out v8+ cars, like the vette. plus i like the way the elise looks better than the vette, hands down. its all in personal pref, we all know that.

Elisew_conemarks-vi.jpg

How can you say that doesn't look fun.

seany: If I could afford a 45k car, price wouldn't matter much to me... but like i said, whatever floats your boat. It's your preference so i wasn't trying to argue. sorry if i came off like I was tho. It's coo :)

asmall: Never said it didn't look fun, just the potential to rocket down the 1/4 in 10 or 11 seconds and still be able to do that (although not quite as well). :p

Over all it would cost less to make the elise run 10s then the vette

Turbo kits for hondas/toyotas "depending on what motor you get" are rather cheap

shit my old heavy 2200lbs civic is running 11.6s with everything even sound system and full leather seats in place

thats with no bottom end due to spining tires!

Thats the only catch =) I'm not sure what brand but they are slicks

even with basic street tires a C6 or Z06 would never have a chance in hell of catching my old car from a roll

Originally posted by jeffie7@Sep 22 2004, 12:06 AM

even with basic street tires a C6 or Z06 would never have a chance in hell of catching my old car from a roll
[post=393315]Quoted post[/post]​

I didn't know Civics could go 170 mph... <_<

Originally posted by revolution8k+Sep 22 2004, 12:41 AM-->
@Sep 22 2004, 12:06 AM

[post=393324]Quoted post[/post]​

I forgot people like to do topspeed runs on the highway =)

anyways I'm not 100% sure what the topspeed of my civic would be

2nd gear would go to 72mph shifting around 8300-8400rpm
I'm guessing he has upped the RPMs a tad say... 9000-9500rpm

does anyone here have the #s on the LS tranny?

close to 460-480flywheel HP in a 2200lbs car with a REALLY tall gears Hmmmm

I think it would be up there

Originally posted by jeffie7+Sep 22 2004, 04:35 PM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Sep 22 2004, 12:41 AM
jeffie7
@Sep 22 2004, 12:06 AM

[post=393324]Quoted post[/post]​

I forgot people like to do topspeed runs on the highway =)

anyways I'm not 100% sure what the topspeed of my civic would be

2nd gear would go to 72mph shifting around 8300-8400rpm
I'm guessing he has upped the RPMs a tad say... 9000-9500rpm

does anyone here have the #s on the LS tranny?

close to 460-480flywheel HP in a 2200lbs car with a REALLY tall gears Hmmmm

I think it would be up there
[post=393577]Quoted post[/post]​

yea, but unfortunately they aren't quite stable at high speeds like a vette is. either way. i like the new vette, and the old one. and i really like the elise.

at 8000 RPM in fifth gear, an LS tranny will go 180, however, at that speed, you defently have to do something about down force like a true splitter a REAL spoiler (aka mugen or spoon)

Back