C5 Z06 vs stock base C6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@Sep 22 2004, 05:19 PM
at 8000 RPM in fifth gear, an LS tranny will go 180, however, at that speed, you defently have to do something about down force like a true splitter a REAL spoiler (aka mugen or spoon)
[post=393583]Quoted post[/post]​

And that he does =)

so what will the car do at 9000rpm?

either way it would pull away from the vette fast enought that doing a full speed run wouldnt be required

when I raced my old civic I would do a 60-90mph run and that would be enough to leave them far enough back to know theres no chance in hell they'd catch up

Originally posted by jeffie7+Sep 22 2004, 06:03 PM-->
asmallsol
@Sep 22 2004, 05:19 PM
at 8000 RPM in fifth gear, an LS tranny will go 180, however, at that speed, you defently have to do something about down force like a true splitter a REAL spoiler (aka mugen or spoon)
[post=393583]Quoted post[/post]​

And that he does =)

so what will the car do at 9000rpm?

either way it would pull away from the vette fast enought that doing a full speed run wouldnt be required

when I raced my old civic I would do a 60-90mph run and that would be enough to leave them far enough back to know theres no chance in hell they'd catch up
[post=393604]Quoted post[/post]​

regardless, jeffie... if you could get a civic up that high, it'd take so much more time than a vette would. you might get him through 2nd and 3rd gear but once you get into fourth and fifth I'll bet everything I have (nothing) that the vette would end up walking by you as you topped out.

not true I've pulled all the way through 4th gear like it was nothing at 250WHP with the speedo pegged back at the top of 3rd gear

pegged at what? 125? do you know how fast you were actually going? because I doubt it was 170

aerodynamic drag > your arguement.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Sep 23 2004, 12:06 AM
pegged at what? 125? do you know how fast you were actually going? because I doubt it was 170

aerodynamic drag > your arguement.
[post=393793]Quoted post[/post]​

I wasnt going 170mph thats for sure I'm not dumb enough to do that speed on public roads in ANY car

Aerodynamics/wind play a big role in going fast hower 460-480HP make it a little easier

Could my old civic do over 170? I don't doubt it. do I know anyone stupid enough to try it? maybe lol but I wouldnt!

fastest I've been on a public road is 160mph that was off my digi speedo on my bike

yea, 160. mmm, those were the days. damn margin of error. i wonder how fast i was actually goin....

no offense jeff, and its nothing against you or meant to be arguementive...but i dont think the civic would do 170. i dont think it'd do 150. it'd leave the ground first or just not pull anymore.

im with jeffie and B.

the corvette is played out. there are 6 at the local autocross club. they arent all too fast since most are novices and dont know how to drive them.

ive seen one elise... owned by a goy who autocrosses an e30 m3 :) that thing was fucking hot.

Originally posted by nismogod@Sep 23 2004, 02:01 AM
yea, 160. mmm, those were the days. damn margin of error. i wonder how fast i was actually goin....

no offense jeff, and its nothing against you or meant to be arguementive...but i dont think the civic would do 170. i dont think it'd do 150. it'd leave the ground first or just not pull anymore.
[post=393835]Quoted post[/post]​

150MPH isnt hard in a civic with the right HP to push it a lot of drag civics have reached 150+ mph yes they do have body work but who said my old civic doesnt have anything done?

if it's a fully stock civic with out any body or suspension work then yes chances are it would'nt leave the groiund but it would be VERY unstable

my point still stands if you spend 40K on a 92 civic you could make milk any car out there.

fastest civic right now I believe hit 202MPH

but once again you're right if you take moms civic and drop a 400WHP motor in it... its not gonna look purdy when you do a top speed run

480hp the car would definitley top out 5th gear. The drag is going up with the square of the speed, so things do get extremely hard up there. But with slight aero mods and the right suspension mods it would be fine. 170mph isn't really out of this world.

And I thought the LS tranny was good for 200mph?

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Sep 24 2004, 04:59 PM
And I thought the LS tranny was good for 200mph?
[post=394377]Quoted post[/post]​

when you rev to 10,000+ rpms. 170-180is at 8,000

Back