c6 z06 preview pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I can't wait for the Kill Stories of stock CRXs and hatches beating these things... I know it's gonna happen.

Now, as for my opinion of the vehicle...

Quote Wayne: "Schwing!"

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Dec 10 2004, 11:22 AM
500 hp and 475 lbft 3130 lbs.... gimmie

I will bet that that thing will be twin turboed by LPE as soon as it comes out
[post=430063]Quoted post[/post]​

the belair will have more na hp and torque than that and now chevy hav a 572 crate motor

7.0L LS7... and I bet it won't even have a gas guzzler tax added to the MSRP like the 03-04 Cobra did.

owned.

- 345/30x19 Rears

:worthy:

Unless the new Cobra has similar weight and power, it's going to have the smackdown laid upon it.

Well... the Cobra really isn't meant to compete with the Z06.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 12 2004, 11:48 AM
Well... the Cobra really isn't meant to compete with the Z06.
[post=430832]Quoted post[/post]​

03-04 Cobras were most definitely built to compete with the C5 base and Z06, they run the times to completely eclipse a near stock Z28/SS.

It may have the acceleration, but I still wouldn't put it in the same class of car as the Corvette. It's still a "lower" platform. The IRS that they put into the last Cobra was decent, but it was still something that was kinda cobbled into place. I'm just waiting to see how the new Cobra performs. I really like the way the new Mustangs look.

I do agree, it's not in the same class as even the C5, hell new it's 12 grand less base price. It dominates on the acceleration and does very well on the skippad because of the IRS, but I'd still rather have the displacement over the charger.

I agree- bolt a supercharger or a pair of turbos on the 7.0 and you'll waste the Cobra, but then again, you can always upgrade the Cobra too. I guess we'll just have to see what happens in a year. :)

All I know is if a stock C6 Z06 isn't an 11 second car, then the person behind the wheel can't drive it... I can't wait to see what Lingenfelter does with it.

:drool:

all i have to say about a ford is.... F#$ked on race day...if i couldnt have a honda i would have a chevy...but the new Z06 front end looks like the old NSX to me :blink:

Back