1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cable and hydro tranny

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by jinstuh, Feb 3, 2004.

1. jinstuh

jinstuh Member

okay i've been looking at some of the b16a1 and b16a2 swaps and noticed that there differances are the small amount of power WHICH you probably barely feel but i noticed that one comes with cable tranny and the other hydro. is there a big differance? which one is best to swap in a eg hatch [best for the buck] i heard that if you get a cable tranny you gotta get some kind of conversion for the eg. cable to hydro or something like that?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the b16a1 was uber rare.
    the b16a2 is a usdm obd2b motor from the 99-00 civic si

But, if you're looking at the B16a SiR 1 and the B16a SiR 2, then we can go with that =)

the SiR2 is the one you want. your car is hydrolic clutch already, so you don't have to convert to a sloppy (in my opinion) cable clutch. more over, you don't have to convert to obd1. the sir2 is already obd1 - as is your EG.

its worth the extra $1000 in hassels you will face if you end up choosing the SiR1. the conversion kit, ecu wiring, and general pain in the ass will add up as well.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

been their done that, had both s1 and s4 trannies, went through 2 cables on the cable tranny, stick with what you have.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted