cable sourcing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
I need some google-foo help to try to find a cable.

I bought a new switcher for my guitar amp and of course, the amp i have isn't compatible... :/

The amp has a midi-style DIN plug on it... the switch wants 1/4" TR (tip and ring).

So, i found the right din to TRS cable (tip, ring sleeve) which means it's stereo. http://btpa.com/G-Major/

But I need dual 1/4" mono to plug in to the switcher. So i need a female 1/4" TRS to dual 1/4" TR. This only needs to be about a foot long. This blue line will be the cable here. I have the main 20' run from the din to TRS, so i just need to span the foot ish length on the switcher:
GEC9-e.jpg

btpa has one, but it's 25 bucks. I find that to be a bit rediculous for a simple plug conversion. I hit amazon and a couple searches and didn't find what I needed. If you're bored, googlefu time

that's backwards of what I need...

Code:
       ------>
====> )
       ------>

amp has din plug, it goes out to the TRS. This needs to split into 2 paths to go in to the foot switch.

yup, that's it... just a bit too short. I need about 16" total span between the two male jacks. And the cables aren't that flexible (they are, but when you push the bends, the wires break and short out so it can't be stretched to reach)

it's a mess but it works :)

organization and re-wiring phase to come.
gec9.jpg

Back