1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cable to full hydro conversion

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by SlammdSVT, Aug 6, 2008.

1. SlammdSVT

SlammdSVT New Member

Tried searching but couldnt really find this answer basically have a 91 si with a b16a in it and want to put my hydro tranny in. now i have a eg parts car.. cani jsut use all the clutch parts off that and do a full hydro conversion or will it not work.. and will it all just bolt up if it does

2. caboose

caboose USDM to the bone

I don't know if it would all bolt up, but If you swap over all of the components it will work.

Most likely will have to run your own line though

3. b20crx

b20crx New Member

i agree. it should work, i also doubt it will bolt up but thats nothing a blue tipped wrench couldn't fix.

4. prpprimo

prpprimo Hondaholic

slammedVST..isnt vst a ford??? anyway..hasport sells a kit. I was thinking of doing exactly what your thinking of doing and I also have an eg parts car...what a kwinky..anyway what turned me away was the fact that the two clutch pedals(eg & ef) are engineered differently and there is no room behind the strut mount to mount/fab the hydro clutch pedal push rod asembly. Study both cars clutch systems and you will see. I stole a photo from a fellow ef enthusiast. It is the setup that hasport sells. Its pricy. I just went with a 5 speed crx tranny. Many have said the gearing is sweet in those. I will soon find out for myself. :eek:

Attached Files:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted