cable to hydraulic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
I really want to convert my car over to a hydraulic clutch. Not only for a wider range of tranny choices, but also for the smoother clutch feel. with the exception of the tranny,pedal assembly, and hydraulic lines, what else do I need to convert?(slave cylinder?) let me know.

matt

Oh yeah, aren't the tranny mounts different. I know hasport makes 2 kits for the b series in a EF. 1 for cable and 1 for hydraulic. Anyone have experience with any of this?

matt

the 4th gens have a mount on the front cross member.
5th gens (and thus, hydro trannys) don't have that mount there.

that's where your kit comes in. it makes the hydro tranny mount in the cable tranny chassis's place.

the slave cyl should come on the tranny
the lines are mounted to the chassis under like the intake area, so you're going to need to score those as well.

i'd hit up a junkyard, and try to score all the hydro equipment from a 4th gen with a manual.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 18 2004, 06:18 AM
the 4th gens have a mount on the front cross member.
5th gens (and thus, hydro trannys) don't have that mount there.

that's where your kit comes in. it makes the hydro tranny mount in the cable tranny chassis's place.

the slave cyl should come on the tranny
the lines are mounted to the chassis under like the intake area, so you're going to need to score those as well.

i'd hit up a junkyard, and try to score all the hydro equipment from a 4th gen with a manual.

B-what 4th gen came with Hydro tranny? or are you speaking of tegs?

matt

bah- that was a typo. that was supposed to be 5th gen :)

scope out a hatch or a coupe or something in the yard and rob its hydro parts. you should be ok with it from there.

Back