Cable To Hydro Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mr_Flesh

I'll be swapping a b18b into my 91 crx this month. I'd like to use a GSR tranny, but the only one readily available is a hydro. How involved is it to convert from cable to hydro. And what parts will I need?

there are a few guys on Honda-Tech that have done this, including one of my buddies. There are two ways to go about it and both of the m are a bitch, one was is to convert you peddle assembly and convert you clutch lines to hydro, which involves a lot of customization, and is rather hard i helped my buddy with the swap, and it took for ever, the advantage to this is that it is pretty stable and soild once finished and bled right...
The second way is to make an actuator, that runs off the cable and just actuates the hydro tranny, i have only seen pictures of this and do not know how well it works.
both ways need a mount because cable and hydro trannies have different mounts, so you either need to weld onto an HCP steel mount or talk HASport into selling you one of there prototype mounts, HASport has been telling me for months that this cable to hydro swap is going to come out any day now, and I have just given up on them and now have a cable tranny (no motor of course).

here is a good H-T thread on this subject:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=220712

Back