Cable tranny in Hydro setup EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboRex90

Golden EG
So im trying to use my cable transmission in my new 95 EG, the car originally was set up for hyrdo trannys. Ive talked to Swap Shop and afew others about the process but im still slightly clueless.

Im already purchasing the Tranny mount for a cable to hydro conversion from Innovative Mounts,
But do i need a new pedal assembly or anything else? I heard i needed some bracket as well for it to work properly.

Ive browsed the threads and cant get a clear answer, My apologies if someone finds it rather easily, i may have over looked it.

I would prefer to keep the cable tranny, rather then purchase a hydro and take teh easy route, but i prefer beign able to adjust the cable tranny, and not deal with slave cylinders (again..), so please dont recommend me to just buy a hydro tranny.

Thanks!

I thought those kits still use a slave cylinder(essentially mounting a slave cylinder onto the lever arm).

From what i was told, its just a Mount/bracket to utilize the cable tranny. Unless i didnt understand correctly, im not sure if it uses the slave cylinder still or not..

Anyone else done this kind of swap before?

I think I was right! :)
Looking at their kit, it looks like a mount, bracket, and "plunger"/pushrod for the slave cylinder.
40120-2.jpg

Then, I literally just stumbled upon this(I didn't catch it when I was searching earlier)
25782620003_large.jpg

the mount and conversion kit is like 300 bucks. and you still have a cable tranny.

might as well just buy a hydro tranny, and sell the cable and be ahead, money wise.

Its gonna be cheaper for me, because Brian from Swap Shop has my tranny mount (i already ordered a full set of Innovative Mounts) and hes gonna have them bill me the difference and send me the conversion kit. Just wondering if this is all i need,

So do i need to still buy a slave cylinder?

And the 2nd pictures look more like a Hydro tranny being used in a car suited for a cable tranny. i.e a crx or older civic. Because the clutch cable hooks into the arm that controls the slave cylinder on the tranny.. i feel like somethings off, or.. maybe i dont know what im looking at o.0

Last edited:
If you don't already have one, yes.

You're definitely looking at that wrong; the clutch cable is no longer used and the slave cylinder is actuating it.

just buy a hydro tranny :p
:ph34r:

I decided to go with a Hydro transmission after all.

Thanks for the help though.

@E SolSi You posted that right as i was typing this. haha

Though ive been looking high and low and cant find one for sale or one that looks like its in good condition >.<

I guess it.doesnt matter but on a cable transmission the cable pulls the lever up. With the kit the slave cylinder is under the arm and pushes it up.

Back