Cable Tranny to Hydrolic Tranny Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slick469

Now following my article on the wiring and mounting of the b18c5 into an 91 Civic. I now relized i forgot to mention the cable trasmission to hydrolic transmission swap. I talked to a mechanic and i don't think he quite understood me but he said just get a cable tranny and it should bolt up. I kinda looked at him like he was retearded and walked away cause i want this Type R tranny in my car and no other. So how would i go about changing my car from a cable to a hydrolic transmission? All help is greatly appreciated. Everyone take care and thankyou for your time.

Brian Miller

I don't think there is a place for the clutch resevior on the firewall, I know there isn't one on my `91 crx and thats almost identicle mechanical wise to a civic. Most cable trannys should line up tho, just have to get right flywheel & clutch.

you just need to get a motor mount kit with the hydro tranny mount part, im getting a hasport kit for myself(im lucky to get 700 extra from a ups insurance claim so now i can buy a full type r swap)

the hyro tranny conversion will feel no different then a cable tranny of the same exact type, simply becaus it wrigs up the clutch cable to pull back and releast the hydrolic arm which is usualy pushed, i guess it works 100% though becaus hasport is a really respected name and wouldnt sell crap

yea theres a conversion kit but u need some good amount of $$$$ to throw at it. iv heard it is quite pricy. good luck tho.
Tyler

you want the real deal on the hydro tranny. go to junkyard and get a complete assembly from dc/94 up integra. you will need to get the whole pedal assembly, all the hard lines, mc, basically everthing that hooks up to that tranny. you should be able to do that. stop by at home depot and get a pipe bender for the hard lines. i dont remember the size but match it up. dont forget the mount. this is the best way and it not that difficult. just need time and patient and you should be able to handle the task.

the rest should be just a bolt on. the only problem you will come across is the steel lines coming from clutch mc which will require bending here and there to make it fit. i will be swapping out my cable tranny and put in complete hydro tranny from dc and make it fit to my da after i finished with my civic.

Back