Cable trans on Hydro Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Is it possible to do this, well I know it's possible but how difficult is it and what is involved in the conversion, what parts and labor? A link somewhere would be helpfull.

Would it be worth it besides the fact that cable trannies are cheaper and more accessible?

yeah it is possible to do you need to get a hasport hydro tranny convertion and go from there but if you need to change the tranny i would go with hydro it is better and easier but do what your means can handle.

honda changed over to hydraulic actuated clutches because they are a mechanically superior system

but if you want cable

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product.../p-8784/c-10102

i'm not aware of hasport making a kit to go from hydraulic to cable, only the opposite, but i could be wrong- but the above link has what you would need to take a step back in time and use a cable trans :p

for the record i believe mustangs still use cables clutches LOL

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 5 2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks
[post=398658]Quoted post[/post]​

I got one for sale $150 + shipping and its yours.

now why cant you just unbolt the bellhousing from a cable tranny and bolt it onto a hydro? I havent put the 2 side by side, cable and hydro, but why not?

I wish it was that easy but i dont think it is possible. Sorry i didnt respond before.

And what comes with that kit?

Back