Cable Transmission Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

Which B-Series motors came with a Cable Tranny? I couldn't seem to find it in the tech articles.

pre 93 integras. um..... delsols with the b16 came cable i believe. i think after 96 everything went hydro. but im not exactly sure on that one. thats the best i can tell you at the moment

serious? damn i didnt know that i thought it was after 96 everything was hydro. shit...thanks for correcting me tho i dont like spreading wrong info!

most people would rather have cable clutch because its adjustable. you cant really do much with a hydro tranny as to adjusting its where it comes from the factory and thats about it. cable you can move it all over the place (height wise anyway)

yeah but hydraulic clutches are mechanically superior- they result in a more uniform clutch pedal feel :)

that's why honda updated, because hydraulic clutches are better

:no: I hate hydrolic clutches. Fuck em, I don't care if they're better, you can't feel shit. ....but thast just my 2 cents. They are mechanically superior, but I will take cable over hyrdo ANY DAY.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 8 2004, 10:41 PM
yeah but hydraulic clutches are mechanically superior- they result in a more uniform clutch pedal feel :)

that's why honda updated, because hydraulic clutches are better
[post=414018]Quoted post[/post]​

umm no...they made the hydraulic clutch/transmission as a step forward in mechanical engineering..its not necessarily better or worse...

your upsides about a cable clutch,is that u have more feeling..because u have to apply more ft/lbs to engage and disengage it...meaning that u REALLY have to know your car if its a cable clutch to be able to race it..otherwise your gonna be wasting your time....hydraulic clutches are mainly ran by the fluid..and cable is mainly ran by the cable....and being that u can adjust a cable clutch..u can adjust it so u can be more aggressive with it..hydraulic clutches are a lot easier to engage and disengage,making it better for daily driving...but like i said..hydraulic clutches were made to step forward in engineering...but everyone knows that if u first learn how to drive a stick on a cable tranny..u will be better at a hydro.

Back