Cable/TV Options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Hey guys, im moving to an apt where the TV selection fucking sucks shit. Im very angry. Before we moved in, we asked the management if we could get Comcast, Dish, etc... and he hastely said yes. Big mistake, shouldve had him written it down or sign some fucking contract.

Anyway, we tried ordering Dish or Direct TV, but because how our suite is positioned, we cant get the signal and the only palce they allow to mount the sat.s are on the porch. Then we tried to get Comcast, but they dont have it there (not until next year, so he says). SO, the only fucking options are 1) No TV 2) Get rabbit ears and go old school for 4 channels 3)Get their providers TV.

Why not go route 3? We'll end up paying through the ass. First, its 16.84 a month for like 5 channels plus local. Then there is an installition fee of 54.99. Only gets better. If we wanted more channels, we had to get Direct TVs package! WTF? Well it happens to be that they have a sat and everyone gets it off them. So it ends up being.

1) $54.99 installion
2) Required Basic $16.84
3) Cheapest Direct TV package $41.99
4) 2 Additional rooms = $10
5) Additionl room install fee = $24
6) Additional reciever fee = $20
7) Remote rental fee 3X = $3

So it seems like our first months bill will be 161.82 FOR FUCKING DIRECT TV!!!! Then $92 a month after that. This is not including tax or other bullshit fed. fees.

This is fucking ridiculous. There is no way in fucking hell im paying $92 for Direct TV that would cost regularly $55 without bull fucking shit Clearbay. Anyway, are there any other alternatves people kno off? Like mmm "black boxes"? :ph34r:

Please PM or AIM me or whatever so you guys can give me "alternative" solutions without getting Hondaswap in trouble. I cant live without tv, but i cant afford nearly 100 a month for tv.

I was in a house last year (college student) and we had direct tv. that was only 55 a month without bullshit clearbay.

If we get just one room, we cant split the signal rightt? because each reciever can only to one tv? or we can, but itll be virtually one tv but dual view? where if someone switched the channel, all toher tvs will switch too?

wow thats too bad. From what i understand you can split the signal but all tv's will be watching the same channel. That really sucks about your apartment. At our place the complex wired all of the apartments with a satalite on the roof. If you want Direct tv all they have to do is hook up a cable.

i have basic cable. (local channels, + weather, tbs, and a couple others)

the cable guy came, realized that my place was aleady turned on for everything, and he was like bah, i'm not turning it off... don't tell any one :D

so now i get everything, including on-demand, dmx, preminum hbo, etc, so long as its on (i can't order it).. lol

and, i never watch it.

i haven't turned on my tv in probably 2 weeks. i watched some 9/11 shit on history channel, but thats about it.

how much tv do you really watch?
i can't see paying 100/month for cable. its rediculous.

between my gf and i, maybe like 3-4 hrs? i watch alot of discovery, g4 (when its actually tech shit, not some black guy that raps about racing), food network (big time), cartoon network, etc... so its fairly important..

and werd, 100 for cable? i aint made of gold.....

what about those "boxes"? can i purchase one and use it even if the service isnt avalible? or does it have to be there first before i can, ahem, get it?

don't they have any specials running in your area right now? I remember when we signed up for cable at our old place we got a deal for 6 months. When we were about 5 months into it I called and told them that I wanted to cancel because I never used it. The customer retention division actually went so far to keep me as a customer they offered me the same deal again. I would scout around for some promo.

Back