CAFROG's K20-R EGg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Going to finally do a little work on the car this Saturday.

Hopefully fix the steering wheel and get some parts on.

I ordered a traction bar (K-Tuned) a few days ago but it won't be here until next week (Canada)

So it ain't moving much b/c I want the traction bar on before alignment.

Got the steering wheel situation fixed.

All I had to do what take both bolts off the joint/yolk and it slipped off

Made sure to find center for the air bag wiring and such.

There is a groove for the bolt to go through the steering rack gear

The column's gear has a flat spot for the bolt to go through.

I learned the hard way!

Tie rod ends, dust covers and traction bar installed.

Ready for an alignment :thumbsup:

I'll take some pictures when I get it aligned and put it back on the rack (week or two)

Nice swap looks like alot of work!!!

Thanks, man.

It has been a lot of time, money, blood, sweat and tears.

What can I say....I'm dedicated and a little stupid.

But I knew this swap was/is expensive. I'm not even close to done. Budget make it a slow build.

Last edited:
What about weight for the engine/tranny assembly compared to stock? Changes to front springs required? Looks fabulous BTW.
Hard for me to compare to stock motor (D16Z6) b/c its been so long since I had it in (1998)

In comparison to a B-series swap.......it sits about the same right now......but with no fluids and such.

Hmmmmmm...spam robot pooping on my thread. What's the point of the copy of my post?? Can someone explain the reason these are created?

Got some Pictures.

100_1815.jpg

100_1817.jpg

100_1819.jpg

100_1825.jpg

100_1829.jpg

Old PS Steering Unit and the rubbing against the trans

100_1794.jpg

New Manual Rack Clearance

100_1820.jpg

No more chatter....well my shocks are done but it's way better.

I like how the traction bar's bracket on the LCA's is held on by two spots rather than just the one.

The whole traction bar set up is strong. And things are all aligned

But it looks like my bushings in the rear and my drivers front upper ball joint is getting tired.

More money needed....but my buddy who aligned it says its safe to drive....just not ready to road course.

Last edited:
man i wanna do a k swap, but i hear that the oil pan sets real low and i live in a fudged up city. i would also like to do a j swap but again if you go with the first gen j swap mount kit you have to cut the hood and if you go with the newest mount kit again the oil pan sits real low. anyways nice work bro!! still love the b engines

Couple of videos my buddy took today. Videos seems choppy on the pasted thread but is smoother on youtube's site. iPhone4s video is good? :thumbsdown:

Shifted too early into 2nd but you get to hear the volume of the exhaust/intake

EH3 K20A swap drive by exhaust sound - YouTube

This one is feathering the gas around half throttle for almost the entire first gear. 525lbs of man weight.

EH3 K20A no KPro - YouTube

Last edited:
That car looks fun to drive. run your whole thread. i want to do the same with the k swap, but in a integra ls or gsr. hopefully mine will pull like yours. that car sounds sexy! post another video taking down some people!!!

Back