CAFROG's K20-R EGg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We'll be hooking up soon. Hell after that sweet deal I gave you on my B16 tranny.....you are going to work some magic with your tuner and sweet talk him so I can get me some quality tune time once K-Pro is in :thumbsup:

Ill take care of it:D

With the RBC IM....clearance is an issue. Some guys plug the brake booster (JB Weld or whateva) and re-install the nipple on the underside of the IM. I decided to bend the brake booster nipple down a little and I also have the Evap Purge (at least until I get K-Pro) so I had to cut my hood regardless.

Here's a pic of the clearance issue

100_1608.jpg

Cut my hood support to clear the brake booster nipple and evap purge.

100_1607.jpg

In terms of making it look great.....I didn't want to do much but I taped off a section and primed the exposed metal and lightly every where else.

100_1611.jpg

100_1612.jpg

I used the paint for the faded engine bay (stuff I got matched in a rattle can) so it doesn't match great but it does the job.

100_1614.jpg

AND the best part is my hood shuts now :thumbsup: Not the best job I could have done but for the whole thing taking less than 90 minutes.....its good enough

Karcepts Shift Box kit installed. To anyone trying it in their future......certain steps of the install are difficult to do by yourself. But its in and cables hooked up :D:

not bad, I would have just taken a hole saw to my hood. :p
It would have been quite a few holes! I believe it needed a 3" by 4" rectangle cut......plus it gets close to the hood in a few spots. I was scared enough lol.

I've gotta say man, you've kept the car in unbelieavable shape. Hope you don't ever plan on selling. :D

I decided to keep it forever a long time ago.........had the beer can ever since I was a pimple faced 18 year old! Use to roll around with the single windshield wiper and no stock muffler was my first exhaust system on it! Big ugly 5" tip and pipe ran to the stock piping......nasty. But it hit 15.9 like that!

Last edited:
Well you've come a looong way since those days. Haha Late post, but I have been following the thread. It's looking great. Can't wait to see it out on the road/track.

Couple of things got done.

Ran my heater lines. For some reason.....the out coolant line is 3/4" and the intake coolant line is 5/8" :shrug2: Just another thing that many K-swap guys avoid (don't care about a heater) and they cap it off at the motor. K-Tuned makes nice lines (one tapers down from the 3/4 K-series to the smaller fitting at the firewall) but I just bought a 3/4-5/8 reducer and a little bit of coolant tubing (as you can see I used my existing stuff too.....thinking about changing it to new stuff tomorrow). Zip tie the cable to the hose and it holds it perfect. Funny thing is....because of this picture below......I just noticed I still need to put the clamps on at the firewall plugs lol

100_1616.jpg

I made 3 grounds with some automotive store 6 gauge and their cheap fittings with solder and heat shrink. First time trying to solder big line......it took for ever to heat up that stuff with a 120volt gun....after 3 minutes on the fitting.....no melting. So I used my dad's butane torch and made quick work of it. Just put a fitting in the vise......heat it up and pool solder in almost all the way....stuff it and go. I had to side fill a few of them but they got better towards the end lol. Scrutinize it if you must lol My dad disagrees and thinks I didn't do it right (as he tugs on them and they don't move) but I told him if they come apart......he can gloat then. They are installed and done. More wiring and the conversion harness tomorrow.

100_1615.jpg

Last edited:
The grounds look nice. Sometimes the simplest things work real good - reference the heater lines.

Some stuff got done.

Brake Booster line hooked up.....evap purge too.

My K-Tuned Radiator and my stock bracket didn't like each other one little bit. It worked and held....sort of but really looked like junk.
The nipple on the radiator wanted to pop out of the top hole on the bracket......lined up like poo poo lol.
So I made a new bracket out of some scrap steel.
The scrap I used is a thicker gauge than I would have chosen but it bent to my liking with some torch persuasion.
I am letting the primer dry right now.

Swapped the Inners on my OEM Type S Axles. Tried to put the new clamps on with pliers of all sorts (and cut the hell out of my hands......like 5-6 slices....mudder-effer)
Finally broke down and spent the $10 on a special tool......worked like a dream.

And I got 30-40% of the conversion harness installed.
Had to be really creative in mounting the ECU with the short JDM engine harness but its mounted and all plugs are in it :thumbsup:

What I got left:

Conversion harness
Header/cat and 2 O2 sensors
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Slap the axles in
Put ASP 3" Exhaust Kit and Vibrant Muffler on
Fluids
Bleed clutch
Burp coolant
Start chattering in 3rd gear!

Last edited:
Conversion Harness Done.
Fuel Pump Done

Today:

Axles
Header
Cat
O2 sensors
Maybe start up........??

Oh....I will give you guys some type of video when its running. Exhaust will most likely have to wait (UFC tonight with my buddies). Swap meet with my dad tomorrow. And my summer vacation is over starting Monday.....back to teaching little teenage terrors.

Well....I got it finished last night (except exhaust....just header w/O2 and cat w/O2)

She didn't fire up. Little disappointed at myself :violin:

Long story short.....
Cranks hard
Fuel pump is on (So PRC ECU has been grounded correctly)
Fuel going through the system back to the tank and FPR set to 50psi for initial start up.
Spray some starter fluid and she fires over....so there's spark.
3 solid grounds and sanded connection at chassis (IM, Block, Trans).

Working all week and car is out of town. Can't mess with it until Friday
Talk to Tim at Hybrid-Racing and I'm going to put my grounds exact where he said :shrug2:

If that don't work....I'll check for continuity at the injector.

Well....I got it finished last night (except exhaust....just header w/O2 and cat w/O2)

Long story short.....
Cranks hard
Fuel going through the system back to the tank and FPR set to 50psi for initial start up.

Talk to Tim at Hybrid-Racing and I'm going to put my grounds exact where he said :shrug2:

I actually used 4 grounds, one on the back of the trans, one on the front of the trans, one on the back of the head & one on the IM. Make sure the ground from the engine harness (near injectors) makes good contact with the engine. Tech - K-Series Engine Ground

I used a thread chaser bolt to clean the threads of the holes on the chassis really good & a wire brush wheel to clean the threads on the bolts that ground the wires.

Last edited:

Long story short.....
Cranks hard

Mine didn't start either - you'll figure it out.

Back