CAFROG's K20-R EGg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That was the whole point of adding the "cheaky or fun kind" part. Ha

Do I look like a cat to you? Am I jumping around all nimbly-pimbly from tree to tree?

No

Well.....do you see me eating mice!

You stop laughing right meow.

No go.....hooked up the bypass and still no start. Its sounding more like K-pro time.

No one online has any verification that the bypass works anyways......read another thread about a PRD (JDM CIVIC Si) ECU that wouldn't start the swap but his buddy's K-Pro did. Keep your eyes out for a solid 02-04 PRB K-Pro's ECU.

Let the saving begin......crap. It might be time to hit up some Poker tournaments in an attempt to build the funds. 60 people and first takes around $800-1000 for a $50 buy in. I have won a few :p

If you lived closer we could have got you a ecu to test that out.

I bet you can sell that ecu on ebay.......its mad tite jDm TYPE R!!!11 dawg!

Hell., Magana....I'll pay the shipping to try one!

Gotta call HR but I'm pretty sure the immobilizer bypass is hooked up right. Gonna make some calls on Monday and see what I can do about a USDM K20A2 02-04 PRB ECU to try.....but I would rather try a K-Pro lol officially kicking myself for not waiting until I had K-Pro

Took a bunch of pictures to share (after I took pics of wiring up the conv harness and imm. bypass) because its all I can do with the P.O.S.......I was suppose to be having fun and driving it around by now :( They came out like crap but I ain't no photographer.....and (obviously) no K-swap expert lmao

At least she has a nice place to be stored lol

100_1691.jpg

100_1684.jpg

100_1685.jpg

My dad's dream garage is getting really close to done! This is a okay shot of his 800sqft addition. The Chevy Truck is half torn apart inside so it isn't running either!!

100_1687.jpg

Last edited:
It took a full month to get the hatch swap done. Plan was to have it completed Memorial Day weekend and drive it to work after the holiday. Reality was 4 more weeks of $250 a week rental cars and finally test drive it July 4th.

And, work was done outside under a canopy with 30" fan and 5 port water mister.

In a record setting year for heat - ugh...... The best laid plans......

now thats what i call a garage.. i'd like to extend mine out to the side of the house to the RV parking because i dont and wont have an RV any time soon.. lol

im 15, i just started getting into hondas and its threads like these that teach me the most, keep it up, lol wish civics up in canda were that clean :p

goin well good job,,,, keep up the nyce work

Well.....I took some pictures of the plug that attached two of the wires from the immobilizer bypass unit.
I was worried they weren't in the right spot and that they weren't seated in enough.

So I sent the pictures to Hybrid Racing. Dave and Will told me that I needed to pull some piece of plastic up (it was in the middle of the clip) to let the pins seat all the way.

Called my dad to tell him I was going to try it on Friday and he said he would try.

So phone conversion with dad giving him step by step.....he got them in and attached the ECU.

Its ALIVE!!! :happydance: :dj: :happydance:

I am throwing a code (or 12 lol) so I need to check into it with my buddy's scanner on Friday.

So the code is the secondary O2 sensor.

P1041 was the code. Its a circuit malfunction.......so I am wondering if thats the wiring or the sensor. The conversion harness has 4-wires to attach and the colors on my harness were different than the instruction's colors. But I called HR and wrote down the sequence carefully.

Maybe a bad sensor but I thought secondary O2 code wouldn't pop up for a few minutes......its pops a code real quick (makes me think wiring). Gonna verify the wire color combo with the owner of HR soon.

Also, I have a tiny leak at the fuel rail on the plug (I capped the spot where you can put a gauge). I bought some gas safe thread stuff but cannot get the allen head plug off lol. Its conical shaped and I got it on there nice and tight......stripping the allen head wrench and it still leaks. My dad is adamant about me fixing it before moving forward (he imagines some huge explosion lol)

Nice and loud off the cat right now.

Glad to hear you got it running:thumbsup:. I didn't even think about the secondary O2 sensor, becuase in Kpro you can simply disable it.

When I first started my setup it threw an O2 code as well (in KManager), but only on initial start up, since then it hasn't come up. Does the O2 code come up everytime you start it?

I would fix that fuel leak, the last thing you want after all your hard work is a fire in the engine bay.

Back