CAI for 94 Acclude?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikeislord

I read an article on Honda-Tech that said that using an Accord CAI, which is 2.5" diameter, really robs the H22 of power. Yet, a Prelude CAI which is 3" diameter, wont properly fit and mount into an Accord. I know there are Hybrid short rams and possibly CAIs, but they are really fucking expensive. Does anyone have experience with this? Is the Honda-Tech article I read mistaken, or what? If not, I dont really want to put in a short ram intake, but I also dont want to suffocate the H22 with an Accord CAI. Any ideas?

do they make 3" intakes for the accord that work? I didnt listen to him when he said he wanted a CAI, but im pretty sure a 3" CAI doesnt work on accord without some cutting.

any 3" accord CAI would work. The biggest difference in quality comes in 2 ways.

1. You have to cut the piping to work. The generics are not a perfect custom fit until you do it. I think it's worth it.

2. The bypass on the cheap kits are shit. It's an inline filter that lets air in at any time. This has to let in warm air, which defeats the purpose. You should buy a quality bypass in case of sucking water. I know at least one person who ruined a motor going through a big puddle.

Personally, I still use a cheap kit with a modified bypass. I believe in bang for the buck. AEM would obviously be a better choice if price isn't important.

Quoted post[/post]]

Personally, I still use a cheap kit with a modified bypass. I believe in bang for the buck. AEM would obviously be a better choice if price isn't important.

Problem is.. All those damn kits use those silicone couplings with hose clamps, which is fine, except the one that comes for the connection at the throttle body is a 3 -> 2.5 reducing coupling, still leaving me with the same problem. I was thinking of contacting AEM and seeing if they will just send me a spare 3" coupling to use there.

I believe it is called a furlow sp? at the hardware store. Anybody that sells plumbing supplies can sell you that coupling.

I'm using the 2.5". I don't believe I'm being robbed of any power. The pipe is the same size as the intake opening. :shrug2: In fact, since the tubing itself is so thin walled, I would guess that it flows better than the intake opening.

Back