Cai On Crx W/ Sir I?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquin

My question is, I have a 90 CRX Si with stock motor right now but Im on the waiting list for my SiR but, I wanted to buy my intake for it now. are the throttle bodies the same size? Also will either CAI or ram-style fit? Btw, Im planning to put a SC on the b16 down the road. Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by liqinx@Apr 11 2003, 09:34 PM
My question is, I have a 90 CRX Si with stock motor right now but Im on the waiting list for my SiR but, I wanted to buy my intake for it now. are the throttle bodies the same size? Also will either CAI or ram-style fit? Btw, Im planning to put a SC on the b16 down the road. Thanks for the help.

ok...the throttle bodies aren't the same size but you use like a silicone peice to mate the intake pipe to the TB so it doesn't really matter...also...a cold air intake or ram style intake won't fit unless you move your battery to the trunk (we'll talk about this later if you want)...i think you could fit an intake with out moving the battery but it would be a bitch...ask around and see if someone hasn't had to move their battery...pretty sure everyone has had to.

the AEM crx one fits a b16 with little modification, or you can use the 99-00 si and relocate the battery... personally i am not a fan of battery relocation, unless it is absolutly necissary.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Apr 12 2003, 02:13 AM-->
@Apr 11 2003, 09:34 PM

ok...the throttle bodies aren't the same size but you use like a silicone peice to mate the intake pipe to the TB so it doesn't really matter...also...a cold air intake or ram style intake won't fit unless you move your battery to the trunk (we'll talk about this later if you want)...i think you could fit an intake with out moving the battery but it would be a bitch...ask around and see if someone hasn't had to move their battery...pretty sure everyone has had to.

the throttle bodies are in about the same place, so just buy the intake for the CRX. ive seen this done many many times and its not a problem at all.

and just a little FYI. i have a GSR engine in my CRX and i rigged up an aem CAI for it without moving the battery, i had to cut and move the pipe around a bit but it wasnt a "bitch" ;) , but yours wont be anywhere near that hard, just buy it for the CRX

I have a CAI on my B18a in a 1991 CRX, i had to move the battery closer to the distibutor, turn it on its side, and make a plate for the tiedowns to tie down to. other than that its fine, and no rubbing.

Thanks for the info guys, guess I'll just buy one now.

Back