CAI or SR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

I am about to invest in an intake system for my Rex. I would like to know how much power (est) to expect from each. Brand being AEM or any other brand you can recommend to me. The engine is a D16Z6 and it is stock. I do not have a cat.
Thanks for you help.

Peace*

the CAI will give you more power, but I think the short ram will have better throttle response, if you dont live where water pools up enough on the roads to get to the cai go with that but if you do go with the sr.

I have 2 cats.
Joey and Crazyhorse.
:withstupid: You should know better than to post shit like this.

there is nothing you can do to your shitbox stock engine aside from

1. forced induction INCLUDING your "naaaws"
2. engine swap

that will give it any sort of power. otherwise you are wasting your time and money (1500) if you slap on the usual intake/header/exhaust bullshit on your car.

note: even most engine swaps are STILL slow as fuck.

you either need to do some major work the the head and block for n/a
or turbo or supercharge the fuck out of it.

these companies are taking your money and raping you up the ass.

as P.T. Barnum once said.....

This is my swapped engine so I guess it is time to order new cam, springs, and retainers tomorrow. Question is Skunk 2, Crower, or Zex.
This is on a D16Z6.

Peace*

Originally posted by 2fastaccord@Oct 23 2003, 06:57 PM
This is my swapped engine so I guess it is time to order new cam, springs, and retainers tomorrow. Question is Skunk 2, Crower, or Zex.
This is on a D16Z6.

Peace*

sorry, thought u were a n00b.

flame taken back... :D

Originally posted by 2fastaccord@Oct 23 2003, 06:57 PM
This is on a D16Z6.

Peace*

sweet, naturally aspirated. The expensive way to be slow :)

Peace*

Originally posted by 2fastaccord@Oct 23 2003, 11:24 PM
I am about to invest in an intake system for my Rex. I would like to know how much power (est) to expect from each. Brand being AEM or any other brand you can recommend to me. The engine is a D16Z6 and it is stock. I do not have a cat.
Thanks for you help.

Peace*

The intake will give you maybe 2 to 3 hp...but the AEM stickers you throw on your fenders will increase the power by 20 or 30. fuckin hell yeah man! 33 hp from a fuckin intake!

:withstupid: x how ever many others said don't post stupid shit ...

buy a standard el cheapo CAI, and pick the filter of your choice - a little cheaper alternative with the same results.

I would suggest a motor swap as a great starting point in oem form.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Oct 24 2003, 12:21 AM
buy a standard el cheapo CAI, and pick the filter of your choice - a little cheaper alternative with the same results.

I would suggest a motor swap as a great starting point in oem form.

:lmao: A simple motor swap here...a cold air intake there...haha

Finally some one else decided not to jump on the rice wagon of easy HP glory called turbo. The only people I respect that turbo are the ones that dont have shops install and tune all your shit for you. Tuning for N/A may be expensive and time consuming but in the end it shows who has the real talent. Unless you built you own turbo setup and tuned it your self then I give you props and you'll most likely kick alot of N/A ass. But seriously you guys need to lay off on the N/A discrimination, were here for the same fight and it not agains each other it the fight for performance and tuning. (Also "it not wether you win by an inch or a mile winnings winning!"-V.D. so long as you dont blow the welds on your intake and lose your dimond plate floor boards!?) -_- :gives: :lol: sorry i'll never quote that movie again

I guess you'll be givin me some props, 1 for swapping the engine by myself, when I say by mylsef I mean absolutely no help except a ride to work everyday and to the parts store. And 2 for bulding and tuning my own turbo kit, with the exception of the piping. i'm ready to here the compliments!!

yeh piping would kind of be a challenge, and tubing benders are not cheap, but props none the less, you are the kind of people I admire in the turbo world,teach those bitches that cant tune a lesson. :worthy:

you can always add a turbo to an N/A engine. jeez. its not like Oh man...WHY DID YOU GO N/A??!!!! get real pleez.

as for the intake...you'll get more out of a cold air intake becuase of the colder air and the longer intake pipe. if you live where it floods alot though...get a short ram.

i checked out an article where they put an injen cold air intake on a del sol si (stock engine) and it only added 3.1hp

:withstupid: good edit I agree. As for the flooding shit if you really cant go with out cai and you live by an area like that you can get a bypass valve. :)

Originally posted by CRX_B16B@Oct 23 2003, 07:29 PM
Finally some one else decided not to jump on the rice wagon of easy HP glory called turbo. The only people I respect that turbo are the ones that dont have shops install and tune all your shit for you. Tuning for N/A may be expensive and time consuming but in the end it shows who has the real talent. Unless you built you own turbo setup and tuned it your self then I give you props and you'll most likely kick alot of N/A ass. But seriously you guys need to lay off on the N/A discrimination,

Oh wow, since when is turbocharging a motor jumping on the rice wagon? :bash:

And how exactly do you expect people to tune an engine themselves? Buy a 500 dollar wideband, 250k chassis dyno, shop to do it in, and the years of experience required to actually do it? Get real.

you can always add a turbo to an N/A engine. jeez. its not like Oh man...WHY DID YOU GO N/A??!!!! get real pleez.

Yes you can add a turbo to a n/a engine. You are forgetting that 90% of the parts that are used to upgrade a n/a motor, are completely useless on a turbo setup. This means that if you have ANY intentions of fi, all the money you spent on n/a parts is a waste.

$150 cai
$300 2.25 catback
$200 header

and most n/a performance cams are not ideal for turbo use

Back