1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAI Question? Aem V2 on motor swap

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Domi31, May 29, 2009.

1. Domi31

Domi31 Member

I have a 92 civic with a b18c ITR motor in it, I have I/H/E. I am currently running the AEM V2 Cold Air from a d16z6. In running this intake, Im I starving my motor for air at the higher revs? the end of the aem pipe can fit inside of my throttle body.

I am asking this because I am looking to up grade to a 00 Civic Si V2 intake, I just want to know if it would be worth the upgrade? or the SOHC intake would be good enough. I really like the V2 so not looking at the other aem hybrid intakes.

Also in the furture I will be installing Skunk2 stg 2 cams.

2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

i dont know if this is true or not but i heard that cold airintakes hurt performance when your in the higher rpms,especially on vtec motors...
    i dont run cold air anyway because of the risk of water sucking up.

3. Justin66

Justin66 The Hondaswap Canadian

A short air intake would be better, quicker air, not as cool but probably better.

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

if i remember correct the cai, makes power up top and the sri makes it down low, just get a bigger pipe and better filter i like the injen mega ram myself

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted