CAI vs Short Ram

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by reikoshea@May 11 2005, 11:12 PM
lol, well i live in dallas, and i dont think im really gonna feel like driving to houston....ever.
[post=498168]Quoted post[/post]​

why? its not that far...I bet you'd save some money :)

Remember what i said about it not raining in texas....lies ALL LIES...its effin POURING outside...my car almost drown without a CAI :(

Originally posted by reikoshea@May 14 2005, 07:41 AM
Remember what i said about it not raining in texas....lies ALL LIES...its effin POURING outside...my car almost drown without a CAI :(
[post=499086]Quoted post[/post]​

Have you never heard the Texas phrase "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes"?

lol, yeah i have, but i didnt think it was known to those in germany. Are you just from germany, and actually living in america?

Originally posted by reikoshea@May 14 2005, 06:30 PM
lol, yeah i have, but i didnt think it was known to those in germany. Are you just from germany, and actually living in america?
[post=499197]Quoted post[/post]​

I' m from Texas, Corpus Christi :)

Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 14 2005, 04:05 AM-->
reikoshea
@May 14 2005, 07:41 AM
[post=499086]Quoted post[/post]​

Have you never heard the Texas phrase "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes"?
[post=499117]Quoted post[/post]​

That's more of an Indiana phrase. It was 78 yesterday at 8 pm and then it dropped to 62 by 9 pm, and then it started to rain.

December 23 (only reason i remember is cause it was my birthday) it was 78 degrees outside at noon, at 7PM all the roads were closed and iced over...me and my girlfriend hit a concrete barrier on the way out to eat (we were only doin like 4 MPH..no damage)...thats some insane stuff...it started snowing when we were at the lake at like midnight.

i live in ct rain all the time and id say go with an iceman short ram sounds mean and actually keeps air cooler than a cai(plastic vs metal)

Originally posted by PhyRe@May 14 2005, 08:21 PM
i live in ct rain all the time and id say go with an iceman short ram sounds mean and actually keeps air cooler than a cai(plastic vs metal)
[post=499231]Quoted post[/post]​

Aluminum dissipates heat something like 10,000 times faster that plastic, though plastic absorbs heats slower. And yes, the Iceman is crosslinked polyurethane.

I've driven my AEM short-ram in rain, ice and snow and had have no problems. My mother's SER-V with an AEM CAI has also survived well. Just don't go fording 4' puddles and you'll be okay. Try to avoid large spots of water in the first place. You don't know what they're hiding. :ph34r:

o and one other thing. KEEP YOUR RAIN GAURDS IN YOU WHEEL WELL!!!!!!!!! thats what they are there for.

Originally posted by micah@May 10 2005, 12:39 AM
short ram with a custom heat shield around it ;)
[post=497270]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

More emphasis on low end power....especially handy for us B16 owners.....

But with an H22....which ever one is fine.

Originally posted by EGProject@May 15 2005, 06:38 PM
Just don't go fording 4' puddles and you'll be okay. Try to avoid large spots of water in the first place. You don't know what they're hiding. :ph34r:
[post=499663]Quoted post[/post]​

In some places its hard to avoid because you cant see them. I was riding with my sister a few days ago, it was raining but the road didnt look like it had puddles; that is until you feel the car hydroplaning, TCS light flipping on, and a big splash shooting from the wheels.

Originally posted by reikoshea+May 11 2005, 10:12 PM-->
lol, well i live in dallas, and i dont think im really gonna feel like driving to houston....ever.
[post=498168]Quoted post[/post]​

Your loss. It's in Lufkin now anyway, not Houston.

92b16vx
@May 14 2005, 03:05 AM
[post=499117]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Back