Cali People

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackJDMdeath

well, i was sort of offered a job position at a shop in Chico, Cali at contagious motorsports, any information on Chico, or the shop would be greatly appreciated, if everything is cool i might be moving out of ks in 3 months ;)

thanks in advance!
Zac

pissedoffsol: not to change the subject-- but do you know anything about contagious motorsports
pissedoffsol: i think thats in yor area
Gonein11Seconds: yes
Gonein11Seconds: why do u ask
Gonein11Seconds: theyre right across the street from me
pissedoffsol: an E-bud of mine got offered a job there
pissedoffsol: any good? rep?
Gonein11Seconds: nope
Gonein11Seconds: theyre a shithole
Gonein11Seconds: nothin but stunnaz and ricers
Gonein11Seconds: they dont do performance shit
pissedoffsol: damn, that bad huh?
Gonein11Seconds: jsut like neons and exhausts
Gonein11Seconds: ya, that bad
pissedoffsol: :-(

sorry y0!

Plus.. chico = stolen import central.. (or is it chino :unsure:) who fucking cares... 99.9% of Cali is stolen import central.

jeez lol. cali aint THAT bad :D the only things they care to steal here are stock camry's, accords, and shit like that. they just want stuff that they can part out and re-sell quickly. #1 stolen vehicle is a stock 1990 camry. theres no need to steal import engines, the ones people want are usually in junkyards...not in new cars. no ones gonna make a living stealing old B16's :lol:

damn... that blows :( i was really hoping to get out of KS, if i moved down there my girl and i would prolly get married :spin:

here's my 2 cents.

if they offered you a pretty goof position why not take it. just work there for a little while and try to get a job somewhere else. there's plenty of shops out here in Cali. i'm sure if you know what you're doing it shouldn't be too hard to get a descent job.

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Apr 13 2003, 05:57 PM-->
Domeskilla
@Apr 11 2003, 04:54 AM
99.9% of Cali is stolen import central.

you apparently have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Yea.. I dont.. i have friends all over cali.. i have lived in cali, i read honda-tech. Imports are stolen almost everywhere, including the uppper suburbs. Come out here.. not 1 "fixed up" (riced or tuner) Honda/import period has been stolen in this town. Yea, we only have 33k ppl, but that doesn't mean shit.

You can't trust a sole in cali, there are teams up in chino that steal shit, friends steal their owns friends shit, to use or sell. Fuck that. Its not worth it. Go believing its not bad there and when you least expect it, your shit will be gone and you will be thinking.. "how did that happen, i live in upper class area" (or whereever in cali you live).

whatever you do stay out of riverside, or most parts of it.....

from the places i have been over there.....its like a friggin cow-town. place smells like cow shit and the people
are white trash. of course, im sure there are some nicer areas....but its fucking inland....

torrance, redondo beach are two nice areas to live in Cali once you get up and running....
right by the beach with a nice sea breeze in the afternoon....

the guy in the convo i posted...
he got his car stolen. lmao
LS teg
he's the dude i got the P&P'ed ls head from, which now is in bill's garage.
he even says its theif central over there

shit..why not just take a plane out there and check it out. i know it would cost $$$ but it would be cheaper than moving out there and finding out how bad it sucks...IF it does suck. and also you could check out that shop while you are there to see what they do. just a thought...

chico can be cool if drinking and frat parties are your thing....
chico can be a wild and crazy town... 4 days a year chico goes nuts, Labor day Memorial day, St. Patty's day and halloween...
chico is fairly close to a dope race track... Thunder Hill, I know a lot of people who are non-ricers who live in chico and are way into the race scene...
Chico also has the party school of california, chico state. It is also a nice mountain town...
if i were you i would go there and check it out. there is a motor importer there and the guys there are way nice, risingsunengines.com
good luck man...

well i had planned on taking a plane out there and checking out out personally, but then everybody started telling me how ghetto it was and blah blah blah, plus i figure the fact that they were offering me 20-25 bucks an hour plus half of labor is kinda BS, that's upwards of 50k a year... maybe it's because i live in kansas that makes me not believe that, but that seems like a lot of cash. i dunno... i'm not sure what im gonna do.

chico ghetto??? you have to be kidding me.... there is like one bad street, and the rest of it is way nice....
if i were you i would check it out... 25 bucks an hour goes a long way up in chico... i will ask my buddy tomarrow what he thinks of the shop...

Back