CaLi Smog, Ref,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sub95

okay what do i need to do to get me crx to pass the Ref?, it is a 90 crx with the b16a i have the obd 0 computer.. the Ref said i would have to go bye the 94 Del sol B16a3 emission is that true? what else can i do? Thanks

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 2 2003, 02:33 AM
find a skank shop, and pay the dude $50.  :lol:

uh...make that $150!

bascially, the rule is....

1. you have to have an engine that is the same year (or newer) than the car.

2. you must have the california emissions equipment for the year of the engine. not just for the year of your crx.

moving to general tech :moved:

I can get it smoged no problem.. I want it legal.. so that means i have to put everything out of the delsol ( 94 b16a3 ). so now i am going to change to obd 1 and change the intake and computer to a p28 so i can get it legal in cali ?? or is there any othere way the Ref is doing this smog?

Thanks

easiest way would be to just move

i could never put up with that bullshit

No No NO!! i live in california i can tell ya....ok right now is kinda a bad time to try to take it to the ref because they use to spend like 1 hour checkin and running the car now its like a half a day because they try to find something to make it not pass to cut down on street racing.....listen the b16a is a bad choice if u want it legal...because u prolly bought the one from japan (88-91 1st gen b16a) which came in the crx sir...ok it may be the same year but u have to have USDM intake system(not cold air im talking about intake manifold with all usdm sensors) and the ecu...the prob is THAT THE USA DIDNT HAVE THE B16 IN THOSE YEARS!!! maybe a b16 manifold and ecu from a b16 from a 94 or 95 del sol but then u would have an odb-1 ecu on an obd0 engine....plus the vtec wires u have to wire up to ur car to make it look factory...see jdm engines are legal u just have to have the manifold with sensors and the ecu all from USA...i dont know if anyone has made the 88-91 jdm b16a legal in cali u can ask around make a new post saying something like JDM b16a in cali under it put anyone have a legal one??? something like that u get the idea... better way to go is just a b18a or b18b b20 or the b17(92-93gsr)b18c1(gsr) or if u really wanted to a B18c5(type r)...im sure there is a way to make it legal but ur gonna have to ask around or just do what the smog ref guy said i mean hey if he says u have to do that then u have to do that...i have a b18a in my car and yes it has to be the same year or newer but i have a 91 crx si and have a 90 motor but they cant tell if its a 90 or 91 because the computer will just give them a base model like this is a 90-91 acura integra rs/ls motor....but hey i have more torque :) and torque is harder to make then hp but seriously this is a LONG AS POST so yea later.....

he already has the B16 in his car. beleive it or not, it is possible to make a JDM B16 legal here. you just need the right USDM california smog equipment installed on it. the topic was discussed in another thread a few months back. maybe try a search.

Back